Mike65

Mike65's 69 Coupe build

nice very nice work.....

Thank you for the kind words.

38055t-kit-installed-voila-done.jpg

A buddy of mine from NY state did the roller bearing conversion on my pedal hanger & he dropped it off to me yesterday & we spent a couple hours talking Mustangs.

Mike.

th_100_0452_zps8740b382.jpg?t=1364149688

Well I finished cleaning up the e-brake assembley & painted it. Now I just have to weld the bracket bake on the handle & install it back on the assembley.

Hey Mike:

Nice Job!

Mine is in the same shape maybe worse.

Not sure if I am going to clean mine up like you did. I may include a center console emergency brake mod while I make a custom console. But I would like to know how you cleaned (media blast/wire wheel?) yours up so well and was the e-brake able to function easily.

Hey Mike:

Nice Job!

Mine is in the same shape maybe worse.

Not sure if I am going to clean mine up like you did. I may include a center console emergency brake mod while I make a custom console. But I would like to know how you cleaned (media blast/wire wheel?) yours up so well and was the e-brake able to function easily.

Hi,

I was going to use the center console e-brake but I had a factory console & wanted to use that. I cleaned the assembley with a wire wheel on a bench grinder & what I could'nt get with that I used a 3-M abrasive wheel in a drill & some small sanding discs in my dremel. I painted the whole assembley with Dupli Color Metalcast, then painted the pedal part with satin black.

Mike.

th_100_0463_zpsa8a02706.jpg?t=1366743792th_100_0462_zps8b063811.jpg?t=1366743787

I got a chance to test out the welder since I did the MIG conversion & WOW! what a difference, NO splatter like flux core welding. I welded the bracket that had broken that was part of the release handle for the E-brake assembley, painted it & reinstalled it on the assembley.

th_100_0463_zpsa8a02706.jpg?t=1366743792th_100_0462_zps8b063811.jpg?t=1366743787

I got a chance to test out the welder since I did the MIG conversion & WOW! what a difference, NO splatter like flux core welding. I welded the bracket that had broken that was part of the release handle for the E-brake assembley, painted it & reinstalled it on the assembley.

Nice job Mike. Thanks for the updates to your project.

Even though it splatters, in the welding world it's called spatter. I was corrected while working in a welding shop and tried to order anti splatter. :)

Nice work Mike.

Bob

th_100_0468_zpsa7553f04.jpg?t=1367785937th_100_0467_zps29486d7a.jpg?t=1367785932

OK Buckeyedemon thanks for the heads up on the stamped holes in the trunk drop off patch panel that are the wrong sizes & in the wrong spots, so I made patches for them & welded them closed. Once I figure out the size I need for the back up light wire gromet I will drill a new hole in the proper spot. Next I cut out the rotted spot in the front lower corner of the r/s inner wheel house where it meets the outer, prepped it for welding, & fitted a patch piece cut from a repo inner wheel house. What is wierd the complete trunk floor piece with the drop off has the holes in the proper spots, but the trunk drop off patch panel has them in the wrong spots & the wrong sizes.

Mike.

100_0470_zps31f91d92.jpg

After some more welding & finish grinding the rocker panel patch is ready, & I also finished fitting the patch for the front lower corner of the r/s inner wheel house. This weekend they will get welded in.

100_0471_zps8cdbe8c7.jpg

I got the rotted section of the rocker panel cut out. I had some "honey do" work that got in the way of my plans so I did not get time to finish grinding my rough cuts or weld in the patch piece.

55053-5-25-13-patched-rear-section-r-s-r

55054-5-25-13-patched-lower-front-sectio

Got to spend a little time in the garage today & started tack welding the r/s rocker panel patch in place, & the patch for the r/s front lower corner of the inner wheel house.

100_0475_zpsd0cc5cca.jpg

Did more welding on the r/s rocker patch. Just need to touch up a couple of the welds & some finish grinding & I can move on to the inner wheel house patch.

100_0476_zps3d4ca502.jpg

Spent about 1 hour in the garage this afternoon & started welding on the r/s trunk drop off. I previously had to patch the 2 holes that were in the trunk drop off patch panel & re-drill a new hole to match the wire grommet that goes through it to the back up lights because the holes that were there were the wrong sizes. I also had to cut a piece out of my inner wheel house on the lip where the inner & outer weld together all the way at the back & patch it.