mattwash08

17x8/9 sc style wheels on 69 fastback??

How do yall think a staggered setup of 17x8 and 17x9 silver w/mirror lip sc style wheels would look on my red 69 fastback. Should these work?? they are pretty cheap and I think they might look pretty cool, just never seen them on a classic before. Input on tire sizes needed?? my car does sit very low because of cut coils up front and worn out springs in the rear

link to wheels: http://www.wheelreplicas.com/scwheels.html

also my dash lights aren't working if yall might have some help for me with that delima....

Thanks, Matt

Edited by mattwash08

I am running 2004 Mach 1 17" wheels with 1" adaptors (spacers) with 245/45/17 with no rubbing issues (the fit is real close). I have contour coils on front (1" or so drop) stock rear leafs on rear with little or no sag.

I think they would look good.If the car is drivable take it around to the rim shop and get them to prop them up against your wheels.You can stand back a bit and get a good idea as to what it looks like with out fitting them.Thats if its conveniant that is.

They look similar to the Fikse FM5 rims from a member's ride on here. His are polished though, which IMO would look better than silver. Another option with a similar look are the Cobra Mustang rims, although I'm not sure if you can get them narrower than 9"

standard.jpg

They are available in chrome as well, just a thought(to be closer to the polished look). Also the wheels on that car are 18's and fiske's are in another tax bracket haha. I wish I could afford those or some CCW Classics...... If only I had the spare cash. And I'll work on getting a picture so the wheels can be photoshopped on

I had a few minutes at lunch today so I found a workable pic online to use for a quick chop. I didn't realize until after I finished that it had no side scoops but it was really hard to find a non mach red sportsroof and I don't know what your car looks like anyway but it still gives you a pretty good idea.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8409&stc=1&d=1299187683

Thanks for the photoshop.

I am looking seriously at these wheels as well in chrome. My 70 FB will be blue metallic and with these wheels in 17" with the deeper dish on the rears will look pretty good I think.

It's between these and prostars lol.

I am faced with a similar question. I have just started rebuilding a 69 fastback for my son. He wants to go with 18's and I wanted to know if there will be any problems running 18's on this model Mustang. Also, what tire combination will work? Any idea on what the center offset should be on these rim combinations? Sorry for jumping into your thread, but it seems like we have some of the same questions.

Jeff

I am faced with a similar question. I have just started rebuilding a 69 fastback for my son. He wants to go with 18's and I wanted to know if there will be any problems running 18's on this model Mustang. Also, what tire combination will work? Any idea on what the center offset should be on these rim combinations? Sorry for jumping into your thread, but it seems like we have some of the same questions.

Jeff

check out this thread

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=3467&page=4

Still contemplating this option as I have the funds available now and have spacers for the front wheels purchased.. my question is though... what would look better on the rear. 17x9/+24mm offset or 17x10/+20mm offset.. Can i even stuff the 17x10's?

17's are easy to fit, look in proportion with the body, and have a ton of tire size options at decent prices.

I'm running 9" wheels on the rear, with 285/40/17 tires. My car sits fairly low, and I don't have any tire rub.

They look similar to the Fikse FM5 rims from a member's ride on here. His are polished though, which IMO would look better than silver. Another option with a similar look are the Cobra Mustang rims, although I'm not sure if you can get them narrower than 9"

standard.jpg

Does anyone have more info on this car? Is there a build thread?

I think the sc style wheels will look good. Just be sure to get the proper spacing. Im hoping to fit 17x11's on the rear of my 69 with some slight modifying of the inner fenders and rolling the outers.

Does anyone have more info on this car? Is there a build thread?

I think the sc style wheels will look good. Just be sure to get the proper spacing. Im hoping to fit 17x11's on the rear of my 69 with some slight modifying of the inner fenders and rolling the outers.

Do a search for posts by Streetking, that's his car in the pic.

Rick Flores' Boss 302 was running a 17x11 with 315/35 rubber.

A link to the whole article:

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0308phr_1969_boss_ford_mustang_302/index.html

That car looks AMAZING. I can't help but think there was some semi-serious clearance issues which had to be addressed to get those to fit. I don't know about anyone else here, but frequent tire rub is an issue I can't stand.

The key with the wide tires is a real axle locating device like a Watts or Panhard rod. I'm not sure about Rick's Boss (he has 285's), but my 315 rubber will rub the inner fenders when going around a curve. With a Panhard or Watts out back, I would have those issues. I did have to use a BFH to clearance the front lower inner wheelwell. I think I read Mike Tyler talking about Ricks car and it having stock suspension, just lowered a bit. That car was recently for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&item=220961988588&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

The key with the wide tires is a real axle locating device like a Watts or Panhard rod. I'm not sure about Rick's Boss (he has 285's), but my 315 rubber will rub the inner fenders when going around a curve. With a Panhard or Watts out back, I would have those issues. I did have to use a BFH to clearance the front lower inner wheelwell. I think I read Mike Tyler talking about Ricks car and it having stock suspension, just lowered a bit. That car was recently for sale on ebay:

Mine is is exactly the same with the running 18's and a 305 tire. And it would usually be a spirited corner, not everytime I turn.