Rip Rock

1970 Mach 1

Incase I missed it what 6 speed tranny are you using? I'm interested in the TR-6060 myself so? Was the gauge cluster easy to hook up? I seen the coilpacks but I wasn't sure if you had fuel injected the engine or not. I liked installing the cluster in race cars but never thought about doing it in my personnal car. Also last tidbit NASCAR is testing those clusters to see if it is easier, I know the Richard Petty's driving expierence cars are running them because I installed a few while in school.

The tranny is a T56 magnum. Running Fast XFI and Fast XIM, fully

EFI. Racepak wasn't too hard to hook up. The pin outs are very clear in the manual. The hard part was getting the can high/low signal to talk to the racepak and figuring out how to hook up the vss sensor (without using there interface module). The model above the UDX is a bit better (data logging and gps) but the height was a bit taller and my measurements didn't fit in the dash that good. I think the racepak was a cool option to do.

Looks great ! You should come to the High River show'n shine in Sept if you have it road worthy by then.

I'll try. With the work and other projects on the go it might be hard. Just need to do an alinement and a bit more tuning!

Did the Sanderson headers today (a bit of yesterday as well). A bit more complex with the T56 magnum and the adjustable motor mounts ( motor dropped 1" and back 1"). lots of custom bending to make it fit and clear. All of this work for 1.5" more of ground clearance. lol Wrapped the pipes as well.

Here are some pics:

looking towards the front of the car

IMG_0109.jpg

Another pic looking towards the front of the car

IMG_0110.jpg

Side profile of the ground clearance

IMG_0111.jpg

wow... looks great... do you have any pics under the engine compartment near the rack and also from the top on each side... :thumbup1: about to order these but following your thread to see how it goes...

i have a 408clevor build with T56.

thanks so much for the pics... ordered my set.. maybe they will be here in time to install this weekend... thanks again for the pics... video is great!!:w00t:

I'll give you more info on how they fitted.

If you have a quick time bell housing it will be hard to get it around there.Once it was in no modifications was needed for clearance around the mounts or steering. I left on the power steering bracket that came with the hooker headers to provide clearance for the exhaust to fit through.

The passenger side went in and out no problems. The front 2 cylinder pipes needed slight massage with the hammer to clear the mount and were the mount bolted up to. This may be a very rare situation because the motor is 1" back and 1" down because of the T56 magnum fitment (inside of the shifter hole).

I actually sanded the copper adapter pieces and collector copper flanges. They had some burs on them from were they punched them out with a turret.

Wasn't bad to put in, the long tubes headers were worse imo. Best of luck and have fun :)

Edited by Rip Rock

Looks great ! You should come to the High River show'n shine in Sept if you have it road worthy by then.

can you send me the info. might have a few guys from our club who may go.

and wouldnt mind seeing the car myself.

It's on Sept 23 - 11 till about 4. Had almost 1300 cars last year !

Go to rivercityclassics.com if you want to enter a car.

can you send me the info. might have a few guys from our club who may go. and wouldnt mind seeing the car myself.

looks good rip rock... the geek in me would love to have something to data log... :w00t:

The reason why I didn't go for the model above it. It was a bit taller and I thought that would be too snug in there. The xfi can log ;)

Would of been sweet to log on the dash as well. Too late now. lol

Had a busy weekend.

I didn't like the honey comb on the rear end so it came off and got painted:

IMG_0134.jpg

Then wanted to continue with the theme and do a trans am style front lip/spoiler:

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

Then painted it:

IMG_0133.jpg

Next was to do something with the fake vents on either side of the head lights. They would be good for break vents!:

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

Finished front end with aluminum front spoiler and air vents:

IMG_0137.jpg

Thanks guys!! I loved the way the spoiler turned out. Its made of 100% alum too. I always wanted to do these modds, even tho there not car correct if that makes sence.

Im pretty happy with the car so far. One of the best parts is on the heighway with 4.11 gears in 6th is 1800rpm!! But can smoke em up in 1st no problem!

Just have to save up for the man/rack, and shaker. Hopefully next season those will be on.

nice spoiler rip rock, would be neat to see some pics of your cyclone, a couple in our club has a few of em

I'll have to get some for you. It's deffently a work in progress but not that bad actually. It was my dads second car he's ever owned, then went throught the cycle of bc, sask, then back to Alberta. Got a call from a local guy, went and took a look and was shocked, bought it on the spot. But I'm in need of a matching # motor for it, it's a 390 model. Would love to see pics of those cyclones as well. If you have any pics send them over to rip_rock@shaw.ca

Ya, that spoiler turned out awesome. I'm really happy with the look and results of the recent modds.