Rip Rock

1970 Mach 1

Rip,

I had those wheels on my Vert. Word of advice, keep them clean, and clean them often. After about a week they get a haze on them that is a bear to get off. I would spend a couple hours with a power cone going over each wheel multiple times to get rid of the haze.

Rip,

I had those wheels on my Vert. Word of advice, keep them clean, and clean them often. After about a week they get a haze on them that is a bear to get off. I would spend a couple hours with a power cone going over each wheel multiple times to get rid of the haze.

Had these on over 1 year now and no problems, BUT this car has only seem the pavement for about 1000ft. lol Thanks for the tip and I'll keep an eye out for that problem!

Which exhaust is that? Love it!

That is the Magnaflow system. If you already noticed, the pipes go under the diff. This was because they didn't fit good going over top due to the TCP coils over system. They were actually hitting and didn't even come close to fitting. The best way (in this set up) was to go under. Good thing there was enough pipe to cut and weld!

Does anyone know what a '70 sending unit ohms full and empty are? I'm going to put in the racepak dash next month and I don't want to drain a 1/2 tank of gas, to pull it and measure.

Here ya go Rip:

full is about 10 ohms

3/4 is about 15 ohms

half is about 20 ohms

1/4 is about 40 ohms

e is about 65-80 ohms.

I just verified those readings with a new sending unit i have in my shop.

BTW...that 70 isn't from Manitoba originally is it?

Regards....John

Here ya go Rip:

full is about 10 ohms

3/4 is about 15 ohms

half is about 20 ohms

1/4 is about 40 ohms

e is about 65-80 ohms.

Regards....John

Thank you very much! I should probably set the e to 65 ohms. lol

I'm not 100% sure on the origin of the car. It was bought back in in 1996 in Airdrie, Albeta.

thanks for the info... ill be using this to pick out my aftermarket gauge..:w00t:

Here ya go Rip:

full is about 10 ohms

3/4 is about 15 ohms

half is about 20 ohms

1/4 is about 40 ohms

e is about 65-80 ohms.

Regards....John

Installed the racepak gauge this weekend. Have some problems with it. I can't load up the software and the xfi module isn't talking to the racepak. Any Ideas?

Will install the Sanderson headers within the next couple weeks.

Here's some pics, been lacking on posting more up.

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

Installed the racepak gauge this weekend. Have some problems with it. I can't load up the software and the xfi module isn't talking to the racepak. Any Ideas?

Will install the Sanderson headers within the next couple weeks.

Here's some pics, been lacking on posting more up.

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

I installed the racepak on a windows 7 lap top and it worked. Both of the tuning computers (windows xp on both) didn't install. Now I can set it up tomorrow to make it snyc with the xfi (hopefully).

Wow very nice..... How is it communicating? USB to serial or just USB....

To the xfi via the high low can signal. You don't have to use the can signal. Could use the pin outs in the back. Wired in the turn signals, high beams and tacho with the pin outs on the back.Nice little unit. This is the cheaper one out of the bunch.

I think I got the Racepak UDX working properly. So I opened up the Sanderson header box.

IMG_0104.jpg

Not very impressed on the quality of the welding and splatter in the pipes. Cleaned them up the best I could. Splatter and bad welding in the runners and the collectors. Spent some time with the die grinders.

IMG_0101.jpg

My Sandies looked the same. I thought they were intended to be gasket-less?

Watching the thread .... Cause it's awesome... But also on the Sanderson headers... Making me nervouse to order a set due to what seems is a recurring theme... Quality control...

My Sandies looked the same. I thought they were intended to be gasket-less?

Around the flange looks normal to me. The splatter in the pipes and the crappy welding inside of the collectors. not very flowing imo.

Got the mustang insured today. Lots of parts need broken in. The breaks feel better now. Clutch seems not as grabby.

Watching the thread .... Cause it's awesome... But also on the Sanderson headers... Making me nervouse to order a set due to what seems is a recurring theme... Quality control...

There not THAT bad. I'm just picky. Worked in a welding shop before. There is some peroxide on some welds. I'm assuming solid core wire from the appearance of the welds. If I had to get them again,I would get them un coated, fix them up the way I would want them, then go get them high temp powder coated.

Incase I missed it what 6 speed tranny are you using? I'm interested in the TR-6060 myself so? Was the gauge cluster easy to hook up? I seen the coilpacks but I wasn't sure if you had fuel injected the engine or not. I liked installing the cluster in race cars but never thought about doing it in my personnal car. Also last tidbit NASCAR is testing those clusters to see if it is easier, I know the Richard Petty's driving expierence cars are running them because I installed a few while in school.