Sign in to follow this  
Thunder Kiss

My new wheels - 18" Coys

My 15" Magnum 500's have been on the car for several years so it's time for a change.

I went with Coys 18x8 front and rear with 4.5" backspace. Tires are Dunlop 235/40 front and 245/40-18 rear.

NewWheels.jpg

No srubbing issues yet but they're really tight on the front so I'm taking it easy around sharp bends. I think 4.75" backspace would have been better but it's not an option with Coys. I went with Coys mainly because I like the look and the price.

NewWheels3.jpg

Not bad for a paddock bomb!:biggrin:

Thanks! :lol:

I was surprised how well it drove after fitting the wheels. I expected a much rougher ride but, although it's a bit firmer, overall it's not too bad. The front tires are not directional and only 235 wide so it doesn't tramline.

Those wheels are perfect and the route I'm taking. I had 15" Mags on it for about 7 years. Recently I sold them to my brother I'm rolling around the garage on his old 14" '69GT wheels. Can you tell me the overall length of your axle housing? Is it narrowed at all?

Can you tell me the overall length of your axle housing? Is it narrowed at all?

I 've had the wheels for a few months now and they've never scrubbed fenders, front or rear.

My axle housing is standard width (whatever that is). The wheels fit easily on the rear. The front is a bit tight but it appears a previous owner has rolled the front fenders at some point.

The mounting face of the Coy's is really thin, I doubt you could machine 1/4" off it. Maybe 1/8", but as mentioned, I didn't need to.

Dig it. I love my Coy's C-67 but those are very very nice as well. :wink: Tell you what, when you're in the US and want to try left hand steering you can drive, and when I go down under and want to drive on the other side of the road, I'll drive. I bet we can't swap headers, but otherwise it's all good. :biggrin: