Sign in to follow this  
1BAD351

Why is this forum so awesome?

Every other forum iv been on there are a bunch of idiots and always people starting trouble, I haven't come across one person on here that wasn't nice as hell. Why is that? Is it because most car forum are a bunch of punk kids who think they know it all; and this forum is made up of more mature adults (old farts:whistling:), and guys that love American muscle, so aren't a bunch of moron kids who drives rice rockets and think they know it all? Just wondering:biggrin:

well another forum I am on is for another specific car and specific model of that car, and we all love that car too, but people are royal you know whats over there. I think guys who own muscle cars are of a different breed, and tend to actually be decent people, maybe thats it.

If you look most of the people here are in process or are finishing their rebuild. Beyond that the restmod and upgrades are occuring while some try to keep it pure as possible and need a secret decoder ring to find out "why the hell did they build it this way" and need help!

you don't hear the trash - Mine is faster, better and bigger than your's....

Bnickel and Pak are also on the posts immediately as Moderators to also difuse any potential blow up.... Good moderators in my opion....

If you look most of the people here are in process or are finishing their rebuild. Beyond that the restmod and upgrades are occuring while some try to keep it pure as possible and need a secret decoder ring to find out "why the hell did they build it this way" and need help!

Bnickel and Pak are also on the posts immediately as Moderators to also difuse any potential blow up.... Good moderators in my opion....

For the record, I'm just a member like everyone else, I just don't have much of a life outside of this, lol, so it seems like my hand is in everything. B is pretty much the marshall on duty, Ben being the owner pops in when he can and trinity doesn't come around as much due to time constraints and I think that is about it for the long arm of the law. We tend to govern ourselves for the most part though so B has it pretty easy. That's why he jumped in so quick the other day with what he called "bickering", there really was no issue and it was all good but he gets lonely and needs to flex his muscle once in a while so he creates an issue where none really exists.:whistling:

good point the resto thing could be a big part of it, but go figure this one out, on my other forum there are 3 guys i really despise, and about 80 others who i dislike, but one of those 3 who I despise is a mod:huh:

And I mean hes a mod and stirs things up and starts trouble, then closes a thread when people argue with him, hes edited my sig before to say some pretty... lets just leave it at hes very immature.

Time for a bad joke then......

A woman went to her doctor for advice.? She told him that her husband

had developed a penchant for anal sex, and she was not sure that it

was such a good idea. "Do you enjoy it?" The doctor asked. "Actually,

yes, I do." "Does it hurt you?" he asked. "No. I rather like it."

"Well, then," the doctor continued, "there's no reason that you

shouldn't practice anal sex, if that's what you like, so long as you

take care not to get pregnant." The woman was mystified. "What? You

can get pregnant from anal sex?" "Of course," the doctor replied,

"Where do you think liberals and lawyers come from?"

Time for a bad joke then......

A woman went to her doctor for advice.? She told him that her husband

had developed a penchant for anal sex, and she was not sure that it

was such a good idea. "Do you enjoy it?" The doctor asked. "Actually,

yes, I do." "Does it hurt you?" he asked. "No. I rather like it."

"Well, then," the doctor continued, "there's no reason that you

shouldn't practice anal sex, if that's what you like, so long as you

take care not to get pregnant." The woman was mystified. "What? You

can get pregnant from anal sex?" "Of course," the doctor replied,

"Where do you think liberals and lawyers come from?"

LOL, that's a keeper :).

I agree this is one of the friendliest forums, nice people (old and young) and lots of good info!! I'm a big fan of "You own it, enjoy it, do whatever with it, let us know about it". I've found many forums that don't get the "it's your car" part. One of my cars will probably end up in "their" wall of shame, oh well, they're in my wall of shame already :).

We all are here to build and help build one of the greatest cars of the muscle car era.

This is what it's like when ego's don't matter.

P.S.

I'M the greatest:whistling::tongue:

No I am, my car has autopilot, it makes hard left turns by itself, then when you hit the brakes it pulls back to the right and goes straight until you let off the brakes, then its back to hard left LOL Therefore I am the greatest... ok "its probably mostly the car" and yes, my front end is almost beyond needing a complete rebuild lol.

Well I think that this thread is the perfect answer to your question. With all the responses, one thing seemed to stand out, none of us take our passion for our cars to the "the way I built it is the only way that is right" extreme. Along with that, we all seem to have the ability to laugh at ourselves, or at least take someone elses opinion without being insulted.

People here also don't seem so judgemental, I know that I will never know as much about working on cars as most people on here, but when you ask a question that to some people seems simple, they answer it in a helpful, respectful manner without making you feel like your a dumbass for not knowing the obvious.

This site feels like an easy going bar with good beer on tap, plenty of free popcorn and Buffalo wings, and no hot tempered people looking to make trouble.

Well I think that this thread is the perfect answer to your question. With all the responses, one thing seemed to stand out, none of us take our passion for our cars to the "the way I built it is the only way that is right" extreme. Along with that, we all seem to have the ability to laugh at ourselves, or at least take someone elses opinion without being insulted.

People here also don't seem so judgemental, I know that I will never know as much about working on cars as most people on here, but when you ask a question that to some people seems simple, they answer it in a helpful, respectful manner without making you feel like your a dumbass for not knowing the obvious.

This site feels like an easy going bar with good beer on tap, plenty of free popcorn and Buffalo wings, and no hot tempered people looking to make trouble.

we're th forum version of Cheers....LOL, BTW, i'm not cliffy or norm.

you hit the nail on the head with that one, but why arnt there any bad seed on here, every other forum there are at least a few idiots if not more lol

It is just my opinion, but everyone has there own reason for coming to this site. As a newbie to Mustang restoration, I needed a forum where I can ask advice, and rely upon that advice as being truthful. The unfortunate part of the Internet, is that fools can run amuck, and there really is whole that we can do about it. I believe that 69 Mustang owners are a special breed, and the time and respect that the users on this site have given me has been very much useful. So far I have learned that I am good at taking cars apart, but putting them back together is a different story..

Bill from Ottawa

PS: The snow is melting and I can see the roof of my car...

LOL, that's a keeper :).

I agree this is one of the friendliest forums, nice people (old and young) and lots of good info!! I'm a big fan of "You own it, enjoy it, do whatever with it, let us know about it". I've found many forums that don't get the "it's your car" part. One of my cars will probably end up in "their" wall of shame, oh well, they're in my wall of shame already :).

I fully agree with Cheo on this, completely.

This is a great forum because there is so many really knowledgeable people here. People that have real world experience and are willing to help any and all of us on the cars that we care so much about. Basic questions are answered just the same as the most technical ones, clearly and to the point. No atitudes or bs just good tech.

The way i build my car is not the way you will want your car built.And the way you build yours will not be the way the next guy builds his. BUT we are all working on the same thing and we all know this and it is respected.

dunno guys, what if I removed my spoiler and bolted on a walmart wing, then put a skyline engine in (reference to F&F) with a single fart can sticking out my duel exhaust rear valance, lost the stripes in favor of some NOS stickers and parts I don't have on the car, with a huge Type R emblem on my trunk etc etc. would anyone be upset and think I don't deserve my car because I cut it all up? I won't lie, if someone did that to a 69 stang, im not so sure id be able to keep my mouth shut. Now if it was a rust bucket they were saving from dead fine, but were talking a nice car that they cut all apart.

I haven't been on any other forums to know what they are like! But I find this forum very informative,respectful of opinion and friendly. I think the maturity factor has a lot to do with it and yes we seem to all have more of a common goal/hobby than other forums. Although come to think of it i did join and hastily left a local forum years ago. And yes 'What a pack of TOSSERs' they were!

dunno guys, what if I removed my spoiler and bolted on a walmart wing, then put a skyline engine in (reference to F&F) with a single fart can sticking out my duel exhaust rear valance, lost the stripes in favor of some NOS stickers and parts I don't have on the car, with a huge Type R emblem on my trunk etc etc. would anyone be upset and think I don't deserve my car because I cut it all up? I won't lie, if someone did that to a 69 stang, im not so sure id be able to keep my mouth shut. Now if it was a rust bucket they were saving from dead fine, but were talking a nice car that they cut all apart.

Tact plays a big part in it though too, you don't have to be blatant and crude just to insult someone. If you are smart you can do it without the person even knowing. For example, my reply to this particular post would simply be "I can honestly say if you did that I would not like your car any less.":shifty:

BTW R4K, you are such a dog.

attention3.jpg