Sign in to follow this  
69 convertible

CJ Ponyparts

Hello, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the company CJ Ponyparts. They have adds in Mustang Monthly and other magazines, so I placed an order at their netshop almost two weeks ago. Got an automatic confirmation from the webshop and then nothing.

Sent them a mail monday morning just to get an update on eventually backorders and estimated date for shipping since I wanted the order complete before shipping. Have not got any reply............

I have ordered stuff from NPD, Summit, Steeda, TMI, Scat and other companies in the US earlier and the service by mail corresspondence has been very good. With CJ it is like they do not even check their mail, have I just been unlucky, have not enough patience or are they not serious?

I am not mad or anything yet, I just want some feedback on the status of my order.............

I will say that I have had good experiences from them in the past. But I have also seen a few complaints on here lately.

Keep after them and see what happens. I have found that NPD was always my best experience overall over the years.

i've never had a problem with CJ any of the times i've ordered from them, but i usually tend to get my parts from Mustangs Unlimited mostly because of the free shipping on orders over $300 because i tend to place fairly large orders but rarely are they over about $500 so their free shipping almost always falls right where i need it to.

Thanks for the info, I will mail them again and ask, stay friendly in the mail. That is often the best:-). I always been very satisfied with NPD and I am curious about their new webshop, it looks very good:-). Allthough I can not enjoy the free shipping since I live abroad:-l

I have ordered from them in the past, I rarely find they have the best price and their customer service is often lacking. I had some large orders to place and joined there herd one year for a discount and free shipping but of all the vendors I usually go to Virginia Classic as my default vendor when all else is equal.

I work with paponyparts, Bebbie and John its a family owned business that discounts the parts form cj, and it is direct parts from cj. They are great people, I call up with technical problems and questions and they help me out. I will never buy from another mustang vendor again, hell, they even try sell my used parts for me that I have laying around if they know anyone that needs them. I get parts the day or 2 after I order sometimes its amazing how fast they get stuff out. http://www.paponyparts.com go to customers cars, all the way down, second from the bottom in the right column to see my car, and I just noticed she has the year of my car wrong... im going to have to talk to her about that one lol. Just tell them Nick Warshany, Steve's son told you to call, shell know who I am:biggrin:

I lost an eBay auction from CJ for a set of '69 doors and took them up on their "second chance" offer. I ended up receiving both doors in my garage in less than 48 hours from making my payment! The price was right at $550 for both +70 shipping. I actually got them for $7 less than the guy who won the auction as I was outbid by $7 on the original auction and the 2nd chance was for my highest offer.

They arrived double-boxed and in perfect condition. I know everyone bitches about the thin aftermarket steel, but the caracass of each door is as thick as my stockers and the skins actually "feel" thicker. They don't flex nearly as much as the originals when pushing on them in the center of the door (yeah, I know... veeeeeery scientific!). I have them in the garage side-by-side with the originals and all measurements are the same. I don't have them on yet, b/c I need to finish sanding down the rest of the door frame. I'll update on the actual fit once I get them in.

Funny part was, the day after they arrived, my wife called me at my client and told me the doors were delivered! I said WTF, I just got them yesterday! She said there were two huge boxes outside the garage that said "join the herd" on them. Sure enough, when I got home, I had 2 more doors! They screwed up their shipping and accidentally sent me 4 doors. I briefly thought of what a stretched 'stang would look like, but ended up calling them back to let them know of the mistake. They had Fedex pick up the extra doors the next week.

I was concerned about making a purchase through CJ with the complaints I have read both here and at VMF, but have to say, they did a great job with my order.

I've only had the car since last September but have bought from MU, CJ, Laurel Mountain, Robbins Paint dept., and multiple eBay sellers. So far I haven't been screwed by any of them and I'm usually expecting issues. The vendors in this hobby have made it even more enjoyable for me.

Seem to be good people and the customer service was good, but what I found is that most of their stuff is backordered. If you are in a hurry for your parts I would suggest using someone else.

That is okay, but two weeks and two mails later I would expect a reply, but I have heard nothing, so from now on I probably will stick to NPD who I have been very satisfied with.

The only way I ever knew that something was backordered was when some of my parts came in and the others didnt, and those missing items were listed as "backordered" on the packaging slip. I would give them a call and ask them when they think your parts will be shipped.

I've had fairly good luck with them, however they do tend to have one or two items that are usually "backordered". Like 6T9Mach1 said, I didn't find out until I looked at the shipping slip, but when I would call them, they usually had already shipped the item, or at least were able to tell me when they would. My last order I placed via online, prior to that I always placed a call and talked to them and when I did that they would let me know if something was in or not. I seem to have better luck if I talk to people then if I do it by mail, I think nowadays people tend to set mail "aside" and figure they can deal with it later.

Called them tonight, was told that it was one or two days away from shipping. Was sorry that I had not got any reply, said it might be their spam filters did not let my mail through, but it worked when we tested. Why did they not reply then, lazinness......:-)

Still have not heard anything from CJ and there have been no redrawal yet from my credit card account:sad:. Getting a little tired and frustrated by them. Sent them a new mail now were I explained in a kind way excactly what I feel about their way of threating their customers, or is it me there is something wrong with:santa:. Hope they can give me some real answer soon.

Actually I got a mail back yesterday a few hours after I sent one. It came from Rick at CJ, the same guy as I spoke with last week. Now he had much better information than they have given me before. They had an ETA of the last part, of course one of the most important ones the 21st. And he promised to keep an eye on my order and keep me updated:-)

I wonder if there is an issue with overseas orders? I've had nothing but great service from them. So much so that I am going to have them do some work for me next month. I've seen their interior and engine restorations and it is top notch.