Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

Welcome Mac and Bo! Hmm.. I've gone by both of those names in my 57 years. Yes Bo, the time does fly. I started my rebuild when my youngest was in diapers and I thought I had run him over when I was adding auto trans fluid while the car was unknowingly in reverse. Life got in the way, car is not yet drivable and my boy is nearly 25. Good luck fellas.

Bob

Re-introducing myself after a long hiatus... I apparently joined almost 10 years ago. Can't believe it's been that long. Anyway, my name is Wyatt and I'm still working on my '70 Mach 1 and have a bee in my bonnet to get it done sooner than later. Or at least done enough to enjoy again. It's been nearly 19 years since I was daily driving it regularly and then parked it. But things happen... like life and kids and economy and illness and whatever.

Anyway, yeah, I've got a '70 Mach, purchased in '88 (not '89 like I once posted... smh), when I was 15. I've kept it all this time, and have now had it well more than half my life. It's a bit of an old school restomod/pro-touring effort from times before there were names for such things. Just call it modified with bits and pieces that I could afford when I had a bit of coin to spend.

I also have a pretty heavily modified '89 Merkur XR4TI, which was supposed to be a place holder while I was living too far away from the Mustang to work on it. Of course the XR became a pretty serious project on its own, and still is. It's an autocross and rallycross car essentially.

And in 2012 I bought a new Focus ST after waiting forever for Ford to bring a euro performance Ford to the US again. It's my daily driver with an exhaust upgrade and a short shift plate. Not gonna lean on it too much; I've got other toys after all.

That's enough of that... happy to be back.

Hello all,

I have been hanging out undercover here for a while on this great site. I am a proud Mustang owner of a 1969 Mustang Convertible S Code and a 1971 Boss 351. The 69 is used for my daily driver, during the summer time. It has got 67000 miles on it and other than a respray has never been restored. It pretty well optioned and was the only with white car with the black out hood, according to the Marti Report. It was in a collection for a while so I starting to fix a lot of little things such my temp and gas gauge just stopped working. It seen the more I drive the better it runs.

Hey everyone, this is my first post on this site.

I'm Matt, and I have a serious Mustang addiction. I picked up my first Mustang, a 1969 Mach 1, when I was 16 years old. It was a bare shell that needed a ton of work, and I learned a lot of what I know on that car. Fast forward to the present, I have owned 11 Mustangs and currently own two. My daily is a 2012 Mustang GT, and my project is another 1969 Mach 1. The Mach is going through a total rebuild / restomod with a ton of parts that were seemingly randomly selected, but there is a method to my madness.

The 69' started as -

1969 H code Mach 1

2bbl 351w

FMX

9" rear

Manual disc brakes

power steering

Currently -

4.6 DOHC (01 cobra)

Fast XFI / XIM

AJE Front cradle + a-arms (modified)

Koni coil-overs w/ Maximum Motorsports camber/caster plates

2003 Tr3650 - Rebuilt w/ carbon synchros, billet shift forks, bronze pads, 26 spline input shaft, 05+ bellhousing (hydraulic clutch)

03 Cobra brakes

03 Cobra spindles

03 Cobra steering rack

Art Morrison 4 bar rear suspendion, w/ Whiteline Watts link instead of panhard bar

8.8 rear, 31 spline Moser axles, 03 Cobra differential and 3.55 gears

AFS 03 Mach 1 Wheels, 17x9 and 17x10.5 staggered w/ 275 + 315 tires

That's about everything for now. The chassis will be going through a lot of changes soon here, and hopefully I'll start a build thread eventually.

Just picked up a 70 fastback a couple of weeks ago.

Name is Al.

Car is a full restoration project, i restore cars for a living and finally got my hands on a 70.

I currently work at rand bailey companies restoring cars.

Currently working on a 67 shelby gt 500.

Last car i restored was an original cooper monaco shelby king cobra sold at barrett jackson this year for 1.5 million.

Our website is baileycolorworks.com if anybody wants to check it out.

Last car i restored was an original cooper monaco shelby king cobra sold at barrett jackson this year for 1.5 million.

Welcome to the forum, congrats on the new car. You guys bought THAT car? Wow! How cool.

Bob

Hey everyone! I've already made one thread, but thought I would introduce myself here. My name is Rex and I have a 1969 Q Code Mach 1. It was a father-son project growing up. During that time my dad had the 428 rebuilt with a few goodies, and repainted the car (originally CAR). He passed away April of 2012, but the 69 won't be going anywhere as I love the car too much and have too many memories associated with it.

After going through numerous forums and build threads here, I have to say there are some awesome cars on this site! I look forward to meeting more of you and learning from your experience!

No we didn't buy the car...we restored it and the owner sold it at Barrett.

Ah... Well I'm a bit slow. Restoring it is even better. Takes more skill to restore than buy.

Bob

Hello from Mid Michigan! Just picked up a CLEAN coupe. Car cam from Cali back in the mid eighties. The guy I bought it from owned it since 1986. Tore it down and went through it.

It's a nice car but needs disk brakes, some nice wheels/tires and some ponies under the hood. It's just a 302 2V / C4 / 8" combo.

Is it kinda weird that it has PS and AC but manual drum brakes?

BTW, how do I get to the heater blower motor? It's making some noise, need to check it out.

Thanks, Matt.

Hello all,

My names Richard and I'm new to the site. I have a 69 rcode that I have owned for about 15 years. When I first got the car I tore it apart and had some sheet metal replaced and then kinda lost interest and tucked her back in the garage. I'm ready to get it together and hopefully with some great info from y'all and a hand or two from some friends I will be able to bring her back to life.

Glad to have found a forum with all the good info like this!!!!

Hey Richard, welcome to the site! An R code eh? After spending all my money on an M code, I located an R code. Make sure you start a priject progress thread and include plenty 'o pics.

Bob

Will do! I need to compile all my pics...I have some that were just taken with a regular film camera that I need to scan and get in digital format.

Here is one in its current state that I took with my phone...I apologize for the quality...