Mach1 Driver

Russian Bots Again

It is 8:10am here in southwestern Va & it is good to see the site back up again. I missed it last month when it was down for most of the month.

Russia isn't good for anything except bots, senseless killing and wars.  

We make better vodka in Texas (Tito's) and even Stoli is an American brand

Thanks to all who got the site up and running again.  This is a great group and we need to find a way to keep it going.

Every time the site goes out, I feel like we just got kicked out of the Fraternity house and have no where else to go....

I hate being on Double Secret Probation...

https://youtu.be/1tfK_3XK4CI?si=mbh_qhTDTzUe1CUa

6 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Thanks to all who got the site up and running again.  This is a great group and we need to find a way to keep it going.

Every time the site goes out, I feel like we just got kicked out of the Fraternity house and have no where else to go....

I hate being on Double Secret Probation...

https://youtu.be/1tfK_3XK4CI?si=mbh_qhTDTzUe1CUa

Animal House is one of absolute favorite movies! 

As much as I like VMF, 69stang is my true home. 

18 hours ago, rwcstang said:

Im more of a Whiskey, bourbon guy! lol 

But it would be nice to have a 2mfa or puzzle captcha but Im sure this has a cost though. 

I'm not sure what Price per 1000 means exactly, or even if it can be implemented on the platform, but could we suggest it to Ben?

image.thumb.png.79ea8f6e19c47dc09595aaa5efc7899e.png

likely cost per license, each.

if we get 1000 licenses minimum (Assuming $1 each), it would be cheaper than getting let say, 500 Licenses @ 2.99 each, which would cost more, I believe. However, I'm not sure how many user's are signing up on 69stang, since it tends to be a smaller group, I cant see those metrics/trends. 

The Normal Captcha and Recaptcha v2-3 is the most commonly used in most forums. 

The site owner/web devs would know if this forum is capable of adding security options like Captcha. 

Back when I was working, I had a home server setup at home with the ability to log in from work.  Since I had an open connection, i had 100's of attempts to hack in to my server every day.  I eventually set it up so only certain IP addresses (i.e. I blocked all Russian and Romanian IP addresses) and it slowed down to almost nothing.  Yes, they could have a VPN to bypass their location data, but from what I saw, just that change helped a ton.  I am not sure where this is hosted or whether that could be done, but if it could, it would definitely help.  If there are Russians and Romanians driving 69/70 mustangs, they will have to go somewhere else.

Hmm... just realized this site should be up again. If I forgot about it, pretty sure the casual observer is long gone. 

Even if we pitch in for a Captcha, how would we implement it? Has anyone received a reply from @bswor?  The moderators have limited double secret powers. 

4 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Is anyone else getting pop up ads all of a sudden? They take over the whole screen and dont want to click out !

Screenshot? Is it only on specific browser or when in the Desltop view or your Operating system? run a malware/virus scanner if you are on a PC and check your Chrome/FireFox Extension library hasn't downloaded any suspicious apps. 

Also, try using ublock orgin (same as adblocker) its much better. 

if issue persists, you may need to update the cache settings in the app settings. Ublock Orgin Settings>Filter > toggle check box "autoupdate filters" and select update now.

This has helped me block ads including YT since they are trying to combat these types of apps now. 

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Hmm... just realized this site should be up again. If I forgot about it, pretty sure the casual observer is long gone. 

Even if we pitch in for a Captcha, how would we implement it? Has anyone received a reply from @bswor?  The moderators have limited double secret powers. 

Im not sure if you mods have this contact support access, but the company who supports this domain will have access to implement the security feature, they can provide the service. From searching the history of this site through Google, I found this https://www.wmtips.com/tools/info/1969stang.com maybe the mods can contact the domain company on behalf of bswor, but any final decision will need to be approved by him unless he adds someone as a secondary approver. 

Data Center - HostDime

Domain - godaddy.com 

Seems this site is registered until 2025, and they do offer 3 tiers of security, Im just not sure what tier we have. Assuming we have the standard one, which makes sense as to why we are getting all these posts running the site to the ground. https://www.godaddy.com/web-security/website-security 

Captcha can be implemented in certain ways, but usually during the first time user account setup or login, the captcha will appear due to a unknown IP it doesn't recognize. 

1 hour ago, rwcstang said:

Im not sure if you mods have this contact support access, but the company who supports this domain will have access to implement the security feature, they can provide the service. From searching the history of this site through Google, I found this https://www.wmtips.com/tools/info/1969stang.com maybe you the mods can contact them on behalf of bswor but any final decision will need to be approved by him unless he adds someone as a secondary approver. 

Data Center - HostDime

Domain - godaddy.com 

Seems this site is registered until 2025, and they do offer 3 tiers of security, Im just not sure tier we have. Assuming we only have the standard one, which makes sense as to why we are getting all these posts running the site to the ground. https://www.godaddy.com/web-security/website-security 

Captcha can be implemented in certain ways, but usually during the first time user account setup or login, the captcha will appear due to a unknown IP it doesn't recognize. 

Great info! I'm going on the assumption that Bob and Phil have a better chance of getting through to Ben. Can you guys try to ask Ben what level of security the site has, and if he can implement Normal Captcha or Recaptcha v2-3?

Ridge, not sure what browser you are using on mobile phone (looks to be android?), but I suggest going into the browser settings make sure the ad block feature is enabled or download firefox which tends to be more protective of blocking tracker/ads. 

On 2/9/2024 at 3:34 AM, Mach1 Driver said:

This is ridiculous; this morning every section of the forum had a post in Cyrillic!

Just spent right at an hour deleting those effing posts. Fun times indeed.