MAC390

Fastback interior sail panels

Hey guys, replacing the interior sail panels.

Who makes the best ones, down here they have Distinctive Industries and Scott Drake TMI brand and one has the metal ring in them and one does not.

Thanks.

I have purchased and installed these remakes in the past. so far none came with the metal rings as originals did and the material was never enough to fit the top. Always had to add material and cut the hole larger to accommodate the light. Right now I know of no one that makes them right.

I bought 1 set with metal rings but the company used the same backer for both sides...problem was that one side had perforation slots for the back (to make it easier to bend for the curve) and the perforation slots were on the front for the other side and showed through the moonskin on the other side. I called (I think it was NPD) and the guy said it looked like they were all made incorrectly. So I went without the metal rings for the more accurate look. I think I got the better set from CJ Pony. So when buying the panels with metal rings, ask if perforation slots are visible thru the moonskin.

7 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

They are a little dirty ,and only setting in place in my 69.I didnt cut the holes for the lights because the new lights are a bit smaller than the originals and i dont have one to go by

20170813_125939.jpg

20170813_130121.jpg

20170813_130203.jpg

cool thanks ! May I ask How much and How do I ordered them? I Live in South Carolina.

Ridge , your panels look so much better than the repops.

The ones i got the other day are Distinctive Industries brand , look ok but the mounting for the clip is nowhere close so i pulled it off and re glued it in the correct spot.

Fits pretty good now, why don't make the parts properly. Cannot be that hard.?

I understand that these old cars were built pretty quickly on the assembly line .

I used to run a Ferrari dealer workshop and you could put two cars of the same year and model together and they would be different.

13 hours ago, MAC390 said:

I understand that these old cars were built pretty quickly on the assembly line .

I used to run a Ferrari dealer workshop and you could put two cars of the same year and model together and they would be different.

I think Sikorsky Aircraft took their shop management skills directly from Ferrari, as no two helicopters are the same and the parts are usually not interchangeable without a BFH and several love taps.

22 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

They actually have the correct moon skin graining ,same as the headliner

Yep!  Detail to an unbelievably accurate level actually.  Don't sell yourself short!  These panels are WAY better than any of the repops out there.

On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 3:28 AM, MAC390 said:

Ridge , your panels look so much better than the repops.

The ones i got the other day are Distinctive Industries brand , look ok but the mounting for the clip is nowhere close so i pulled it off and re glued it in the correct spot.

Fits pretty good now, why don't make the parts properly. Cannot be that hard.?

Mine actually dont have the clip ,they curve to fit the body and stay tight in place ,they are held in by the hockystick trim and the rear window rubber and the pinch weld lace.Plus there will be a screw in the small cap that covers the quarter window stud and it screws through the sail panel.

5 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Mine actually dont have the clip ,they curve to fit the body and stay tight in place ,they are held in by the hockystick trim and the rear window rubber and the pinch weld lace.Plus there will be a screw in the small cap that covers the quarter window stud and it screws through the sail panel.

where's your web sit that shows all the wonderful parts you make?:)