Caseyrhe

Thoughts?? Save or scrap it

Just bought a car with title for parts, 69 Grande, but now having a hard time parting it out. Pretty much all there but mtr, 3514v. C4, ps, power disc brakes, 8" posi, tilt wheel, deluxe interior-no tach, and ac. Odometer says 16,300. Worth saving or part it out using the tilt on my Mach. Grande has some rust, but floors are shot. All orig glass and panels

Would the tilt opt show up on the Marti report?

Would changing the odometer increase the Vaule in my Mach sitting at 36,000. Current blue title list mirage unknown.

a rusty 69 coupe is pretty much worthless where i live

switching speedometers to reduce the mileage on your car to make someone believe it has less miles on it than it really does so you can sell it for more money is not something i would do.

The question is what is the car worth verses the parts on the car.

How fixable is the car and is someone going to buy it?

If you want the tilt then grab it, you can always put your fixed Collumn in to sell the car.

For that matter any parts you fob from the car can be replaced with your old part to sell the car.

Bob

With the cost of paint and body work these days, would be way upside down putting it together and after piecing the 68 together that I built and sold....all the little parts add up quick. Will post parts as they eventually come off.

I want your lower steering column cover if the tabs are intact. Maybe the A-pillar trim as well.

But then again, it never hurts to try to sell it whole. Hate seeing the cars go to scrap. Even a grande is worth saving to someone. I redid my coupe, but I also know I won't ever sell it, so I don't care how much money is in it. I just enjoy playing with it without feeling guilty for not staying pure, which is not how I would feel if I had a Mach 1 or something similar.

Well guys, I'm back on fence, what to do??? I have a buddy coming over this weekend and will get his opinion and go from there. The other will be what the wife has to say about a 3rd car. Rule has been, if another one comes in, one must go. Won't get rid of my Mach and the convertible?? Not ready to let her go just yet, the wife either.

I just bought the car last weekend and brought it home, with the thought of parting it out. But after staring at it all week, well you know.......the hard part was done when she said ok

Well ya know if she is OK with it then it isn't hurting anything sitting for a little while while you decide. When I got mine it took me about 3 month to decide what to do. Then came the cougar. It sat in the back yard for several months before I traded it for a 70 coupe that instantly became a doner car. It had been hit on the drivers side. the pillar was pushed in about a foot.

I did what you are doing with my cougar. I could not make up my mind but I was looking for a roof for my 69 coupe and low and behold opportunity knocked. Replacing a roof is quite the learning experience. And I knew the cougar went to a good home.

Coupes are not highly sought after obviously... but they can make great doners for fastbacks. Personally I like the coupes almost as much as the fastbacks. Since I started on mine several years ago the coupes have steadily gone up in value. In my neck of the woods. you cant find a decent coupe for less than 7 Grand. When I say decent I mean needs restoration but looks OK from 100 foot away. Usually the paint is worn and the interior has seen better days but the car is mostly there. Call it a 3 to 4 out of 10. There are no 10's around here. I have seen one 8 to 9 possibly. and maybe 3 fastbacks that were 7's. Most car shows in my area have 65 and 66 coupes.

Like I said earlier I hate to see one go to scrap. They are getting harder to find. In the last few years the number of listings for these cars has diminished greatly. Sure you see the fastbacks that are rust buckets going for way too much money but all in all the number of restorable coupes and fastback has dropped off dramatically. Even the really nice finished one are getting more rare. Unless you count the ones that have been listed on eBay every month for the last 5 years. With the same outrageous price.

I am sure a lot of us on here would love to get more parts for our builds but not at the cost of sacrificing a restorable stang...

Can you post some pictures of it so we can see what you got.

Here some pics. My buddy's came over tonight and thoughts are, take the majority of all the parts I need to upgrade and complete my Mach, shelve the parts, leave the Grande a roller, sand exterior down to metal and prime it. If time allows, before Mach comes home from paint, start bolt up fenders and doors (which all came with the car) then store it at my buddy's shop. When my Mach is finished, reevaluate all that's needed to restore the Grande, restore it or put the car up for sale. The car cost me 750.00, no motor or tranny. All the seat frames were rusted out and not salvageable

post-45407-0-92661500-1468642096.jpeg

post-45407-0-26591700-1468642128.jpeg

post-45407-0-15071900-1468642142.jpeg

post-45407-0-24899700-1468642167.jpeg

post-45407-0-44778500-1468642189.jpeg

post-45407-0-71557100-1468642215.jpg

post-45407-0-54562500-1468642280.jpeg