RPM

When to apply fender to apron seal?

I need to know when all y'all apply the sealant between the fender edge and the upper inner fender? Is it when you're ready to adjust all the body gaps? The body sealer I have is from NPD and pretty flexible to where I don't think you'd want to be removing or adjusting panels after it sets up, if it does.

post-5441-0-60451700-1462642640.jpg

are you referring to the sealer on top of the fender aprons that gets sandwiched by the fender lip when it is bolted down?

haven't forgotten about your shaker seal either . i looked in one storage yesterday and it wasn't there so it is in my other one which ma take a month or so to get to.

are you referring to the sealer on top of the fender aprons that gets sandwiched by the fender lip when it is bolted down?

Yes, that is the location.

No worries on the time taken looking.

ok, i typically dont use the sealer because i dont drive nice cars in bad weather, however, one option is to install the hood and fenders and line everything up then mark the fender aprons and fenders with masking tape so they can go back in the same place then remove the fenders and install the sealer then reinstall the fenders and line them up before mashing the sealer down.

G that's the only reason I knew it was there, by removing it. Not really sure what it's sealing as the engine bay is also exposed to the elements.

If I get too worried about it later on I could always put some seam sealer at the joint from the wheel house side. I'm not too concerned about it now.

Choose whats behind door number two ...Choose whats behind door number two !!

Well, Monty, I'm gonna go with the peanut gallery and pick DOOR NUMBER 2!

caroll+merrill.png

What's behind door number two????? A NEWWWWW CARRRR!!!!!!!

6e1478ebf1a3b4a7db01a470e362f584.jpg

Crap, thanks a lot Ridge..... :)