Raven R code

Not a technical question but........

Holy crap!!! That is so cool! ....and a dream of mine.

+1

The P-51 was the premier fighter plane of WW2, and has a very interesting development history. The story that I was told was that the government needed new longer range, faster and more maneuverable fighters because the bombers were getting their asses kicked. They "persuaded" several aircraft companies to share their proprietary data. I believe it was North American that had the curves (graphs) for the flight surfaces, and they helped design the plane in record time, something like 90 days.

Um...the number 1 fighter plane...ever!

Rolls Royce Merlin engine was all around bad ass. Period! I talked to the owner of a P-51 at an air show. He told me about a guy who bought a surplus P-51 in crates back in the 80's . Everyone was really excited about seeing this thing fly again until......they found out he sold it for scrap! I was told he only got $1500.00! Now they run $2-3 million.

Speaking of aeroplanes and Mustangs; it seems to me that the '69-'70 Fastback roof line is pretty identical to the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt Razorback.

3_34_b1.jpg

While the '71-'73 Mustangs have the P-51 Mustang Razorback roof line.

3_96.jpg

Flying in P51 sounds like it would be really fun!

My grandfather was a gunner in WWII on a B-25 so I signed up to go for a ride on one in a couple weeks.  I should also be able to get a picture of my '69 with the B-25 at some point in the day, too.  It's a car show / fly in event.

-Mike

Flying in P51 sounds like it would be really fun!

My grandfather was a gunner in WWII on a B-25 so I signed up to go for a ride on one in a couple weeks.  I should also be able to get a picture of my '69 with the B-25 at some point in the day, too.  It's a car show / fly in event.

-Mike

I hope you will post a picture of your car with that B-25.

I want a Rolls Royce Merlin engine in my Mustang.....just like the originals.

I believe the first P-51's had an Allison V-12, but switched to the RR, and then they really kicked arse! Could be wrong, just what I heard.

My dad worked for North American Aviation when I was born in 1956. When they shut down the place and offered him a job in L.A. he said no thanks.

I hope you will post a picture of your car with that B-25.

I have a great picture of my car in front of a B-25....only its not the Mustang, it's my 01 Vette, so I didn't think it appropriate to show here ;)  That video of the Merlin in the 55 Chev is jaw dropping.

I have a great picture of my car in front of a B-25....only its not the Mustang, it's my 01 Vette, so I didn't think it appropriate to show here ;)  That video of the Merlin in the 55 Chev is jaw dropping.

You should post it anyway!  I have to figure out how to pull my car up and park by the B25 for the best picture... may not have too much time to figure out so having an idea ahead of time would be good.

You should post it anyway!  I have to figure out how to pull my car up and park by the B25 for the best picture... may not have too much time to figure out so having an idea ahead of time would be good.

Take lots of pictures from different angles. Since I can't post a picture I put it in the attachment.

B-25.doc

Hey, at least you warned us, used really small font for the make and model and linked the chivey so it wouldn't corrupt the site :)

Those old planes are just so darn cool, I don't think you offended anyone. Thanks for the pics.

Just curious.....in keeping with the P-51 mustang theme....where would one mount 6 .50 cal machine guns without ruining the classic lines of the car?

They did that on Fantomworks to something- fortunately it wasn't a classic Mustang. Driving in LA's bumper to bumper traffic can give you the urge to use one of those. But nope it didn't look good.

Thinking were on a government budget..

Install the motor near the mid of the car leaving under the hood empty.

This will hopefully give you the space needed for multiple high powered weapons.

The grill will have to drop down as not to destroy the OEM number matching part..

Thinking were on a government budget..Install the motor near the mid of the car leaving under the hood empty.This will hopefully give you the space needed for multiple high powered weapons.The grill will have to drop down as not to destroy the OEM number matching part..

Hmmm.....what about turning the inboard headlights into gun pods?

Will these be laser guided??

With the 1.2 million onboard software I hope so..

And the 1 million FI software that kind of works..

I fell like I have drifted this tread..Time go back to are regular program..