sleek98

Had a wreck

Body shop got the ok from the insurance today, $10,017 in damage.

Bad part is the body guy broke his leg a week ago so its going to be a while before he can really work on it. Good thing its winter.

Update.

Body guy got it back together to test fit everything and then took it back apart to paint, now getting a second test fit before getting the door and fender get sprayed sprayed.

I decided to go ahead and have him fix the door as there were some minor rust bubbles forming. Also the original owner put the tribar pony emblem on the fenders next to the cursive Mustang so I had him fill in those holes as well.

post-12917-0-58148200-1450726049.jpg

post-12917-0-23844500-1450726055.jpg

Sleek, so sorry to hear about your accident. Your Coupe looks like mine would have when it was new, meadowlark yellow with a black vinyl top, a 302 & C-4 trans. Good luck with the repairs. I do not know why it attached this pic?.

Well what I was concerned about the most happened. He could not get the paint to match up the way he wanted to. So he decided to just respray the rest of the car so it will all match up. On an OCD scale of 1-10 he is easily a 10 and will not let anything leave his shop unless it looks like he would want his car to.

I am going to leave off the black vinyl stripe that ran down the side and also leaving off the tribar pony the original owner put on the fenders.

Waiting on a couple brackets and an AC line to show up and then she can come home.

post-12917-0-43783300-1452365246.jpg

post-12917-0-39154200-1452365253.jpg

post-12917-0-57305100-1452365261.jpg

Looks good

As an in between measure, you can add power brakes to make power drum brakes. It will help the stoping of the car.

Then when you do go to convert to the disc brakes then part of it is already done.

At that point you could go to a bolt on type aftermarket kit or go for the actual factory disc brakes

Bob

Well what I was concerned about the most happened. He could not get the paint to match up the way he wanted to. So he decided to just respray the rest of the car so it will all match up. On an OCD scale of 1-10 he is easily a 10 and will not let anything leave his shop unless it looks like he would want his car to.

I am going to leave off the black vinyl stripe that ran down the side and also leaving off the tribar pony the original owner put on the fenders.

Waiting on a couple brackets and an AC line to show up and then she can come home.

Looks Great! Same thing happened to with me, the paint wouldn't blend after the painter tried, so the whole car had to be resprayed with a color, which i chose Ford Ingot Silver UX. 

Well she is 99% done and coming home.

Waiting on an A/C line that is back ordered so I am going to bring it home this weekend and then take it back to him this spring when it gets warmer to charge the system.

Pics below

post-12917-0-44620200-1453479265.jpg

post-12917-0-63112700-1453479272.jpg

post-12917-0-35326600-1453479279.jpg

post-12917-0-73125700-1453479285.jpg

Nothing like having a car look better after an accident than before...Make sure to up that insured amount...glad you were able to find a trusted shop, that is always my concern when friends need to fix their cars...all body shops are not created equal...

Great job, and very glad you have your car back.

One question I would have is for the original insurance adjuster who came out - how do they see the value of the car right now, with repairs and new parts.?  Higer or lower?

Higher - new paint, new body parts, new engine parts, etc

Lower - car has been in a wreck.

Please post what happens to the value, if anything.

I would encourage the conversion to power brakes, front discs, rear drums.  I know Opentracker has a very decent price on their kits , all Kelsey hayes style, and comes with every single thing for the job.  Money well spent. 

Nothing like having a car look better after an accident than before...Make sure to up that insured amount...glad you were able to find a trusted shop, that is always my concern when friends need to fix their cars...all body shops are not created equal...

Yes, he does AMAZING work, ended up spraying the whole car and not charging me or the insurance company extra. Also helps that his wife is an employee of my dad's, and takes an extreme pride in his product.

Great job, and very glad you have your car back.

One question I would have is for the original insurance adjuster who came out - how do they see the value of the car right now, with repairs and new parts.?  Higer or lower?

Higher - new paint, new body parts, new engine parts, etc

Lower - car has been in a wreck.

Please post what happens to the value, if anything.

I would encourage the conversion to power brakes, front discs, rear drums.  I know Opentracker has a very decent price on their kits , all Kelsey hayes style, and comes with every single thing for the job.  Money well spent. 

Car had been wrecked before in the early 90's. Hit a deer and was painted. I tore out the frame rails and put in new rails/shock towers/aprons 5 years ago. So while it was mostly stock it was not completely factory.

I am going to try to re insure it for 21k this time around. The insurance company I use does not make me get an appraisal as long as the value is with in their guidelines. I however don't know that it breaks it down between say a Mach 1 (bigger money) and just a base like I have. So I believe I have a lot of room to insure it with out having to pay for an appraisal.

The insurance company I use does not make me get an appraisal as long as the value is with in their guidelines.

Would it bother you to say who your insurance is with? (sorry if I missed it somewhere here in the thread).

Would it bother you to say who your insurance is with? (sorry if I missed it somewhere here in the thread).

Continental Western Insurance Company, is the legal name, its a W. R. Berkley Company. I believe my broker said its a subsidiary of Buffet.

If you would like I can pm you my brokers contact information, he is a car guy out of St. Louis. I have never actually met him since I live in Kansas City but I have had 5 other people switch to him after I started using him. The policy was 150 bucks for 16,200 worth of coverage.