Floridastang

Seat Belt Install

I am looking to install 3 point seat belts in the front of my 69 Fastback.  It was originally equipped with a shoulder belt but not of the retractor variety.  I am looking for a bolt in retrofit not a fabrication project.  Any help would be appreciated.  

If you are ambitious, you can grab one from a salvage yard.  Look at some of my other posts, I have pictures of what I used.  It was the system from a 1985 Ford, works perfect and cost me a total of $10. 

Scott Drake offers 3 pt. kits that use buckles that mimic the originals for 1969.  One place that carries them is Summit Racing.

I will add, I tried installing 3 pt. seat belts in my Mach 1.  The larger retractor assembly prevents the front seats from moving to the full rearward position.  I'm only 5'-10" and I need the seat all the way back for leg room so the 3 pt. seat belts would not work.  I didn't want to try to relocate the retractor so I reinstalled the original seat belts.

Plus these 3 pt. retractable belts install a bit odd.  The retractor assembly and the lower fixed mounting point share the same mounting bolt unlike any car that comes with 3 pt. retractable seat belts from the factory.  Also the buckle end doesn't fit right if you have a factory console.

NOT MY THUMBNAIL

I used belts from Juliano's Hot Rod parts. Retractors on the front and non-retractors for the rear. Easy bolt in and there is pictures somewhere on their site showing install steps for a '70 sportsroof.   Dave R.