Sign in to follow this  
Pakrat

Where are they now?

So recently it seems that I've had a chance to re-review a lot of old threads whether it was due to a random spammer or linking to old info and I see members names or avatars that were once a daily presence and now almost forgotten and I wonder where are they, what happened? I'm sure some sell their cars and I always fear that some who were soldiers may not have come home or others that pass on and we never find out like we did recently with OZstang. Others I am even more surprised to see when I check their profile that they were here recently but just don't post anymore, some for several years in fact.

That leads me to this thread, if you went from poster to lurker or know what happened to someone that is now MIA please chime in or post.

Well after seeing 68 views and no reply, I thought I'd chime in.

Moving to a new property with nothing on it or around it has taken most of my time. I do lurk now mostly unless I see someone needs info.

Because of the change in location and such, I have placed the Mach1 for sale list on craigslist. Sad the replies I have been getting on it are from those who do not read the ad and want it for a stupidly low price.

I refuse to use fleabay and just am too cheap to pay for a for sale ad in wish list mags. So will have to use the delete button more now for the spam mail.

Lurking but still here......:cool2:

If they are like me maybe they have a new project? When I first returned to the hobby I bought a 72 Barracuda and spent a LOT of time at www.cuda-challenger.com and had accumulated over 2500 posts there. Since I got the Mustang over 4 years ago I rarely visit there.

You might also consider sending an email to those users asking them to come back and check in. I got such an email from www.stangfix.com recently. It was a forum I joined early on but I was in need of technical assistance and found lots of help and offered help where I could but I don't think it has the large membership and many of my posts went ignored so I spent most of my time here and on VMF.

Edited by miketyler

im around but slowwww at the car fixing activity

im working on the 66, so this is the wrong forum for it, but heres a pic from a year ago when it was painted, have alot of parts just waiting to be put on it.

P1050036.jpg

im around but slowwww at the car fixing activity

im working on the 66, so this is the wrong forum for it, but heres a pic from a year ago when it was painted, have alot of parts just waiting to be put on it.

P1050036.jpg

I keep coming and going... so many projects, so little time. On top of the cars, I've been focused on organizing, promoting, and fostering the local car scene a bit and putting on meets, and dyno days, and cruises, a monthly cars & coffee, and a weekend long charity car show and autocross, and etc. etc. etc. I need to buckle down and focus on one car at a time, and fewer events. I'd love to get the Mustang just back on the road and driving so I can upgrade as I enjoy it. And I want to get the XR4TI back into autocross & rallycross shape. And I want to do a few upgrades to the Focus ST. And I want to get started on restomodding the hand-me-down 280zx I was gifted by my father-in-law. Sigh...

I've been around the forums for 3 years now. But my project has been really slow going. So I havent been around much. I've finally got every thing but the stand alone computer for a 4R70W trans swap from a 3 speed manual. I just horse traded some short tube headers for a set of long tubes that will be put in at the same time as trans.

I've been around the forums for 3 years now. But my project has been really slow going. So I havent been around much. I've finally got every thing but the stand alone computer for a 4R70W trans swap from a 3 speed manual. I just horse traded some short tube headers for a set of long tubes that will be put in at the same time as trans.

By my estimation, you're going at lightning speed! I've been at it for over 13 years now and still ain't even close to be done. I'll be happy just to have it on the road again in 2015 after nearly 20 years of it being off the road altogether.

By my estimation, you're going at lightning speed! I've been at it for over 13 years now and still ain't even close to be done. I'll be happy just to have it on the road again in 2015 after nearly 20 years of it being off the road altogether.

Ditto for sure.

Bob

I've been remodeling my house for the past several years, but for the last year it's been almost a full time job. I don't have time to play with my car right now.

I've also been helping my son build a 95 V6 Mustang (with an '01 engine, trans, wiring harnesses and computer) so he'll have his own set of wheels. I've been learning a lot about fuel injection, computer controls and PATS, the stupidest idea Ford has ever come with.

I hope to return my car next spring. I'll be back when I do.

Ah the old timers thread. I've obviously been here and gone over time as well. Car has been down 20 years and "in progress" almost 10 now. Good to hear you're still into cars DarkBudda. New target is driving in 2015 myself and at least now mine is going back together. Won't be pretty on the outside (or anywhere else I guess) but hope to be "going" on its own at least.

We should start a "Old Timers Drive It In 2015" club... I'm sure there's more than a few of us that should join.

Ha, sounds like a nice challenge :-) I actually have a little side bet running with a friend who is rebuilding a '70 428 Mach that is his wife's car. Bet is we will have them both at the 2015 local Knights auto club show next summer.

Fortunately for me he is just now pulling the car apart but on the flip side he has MUCH bigger time and money resources than I do.

Will be cool to see who of those that have been working forever on ours around here could make it happen in 2015. Mine will NOT be pretty with paint but it's going to be pulling itself around one way or another... I hope... maybe...

Stephen

I'm here LOL.

My friend told me I would be 40 before my ride was on the road, so I had to prove him wrong and finish for CTC 2014 and I did :P

Ill be slowing my roll now tho, recent divorce and sold the house and will probably be buying land and building the home and shop I want... And no she didnt try to get the car because she knew I would sale it to someone for 5 bucks and give her half then buy it back for 10.

I'm not sure If I'm on the MIA list, but my posting of things has slowed because I haven't really done anything cool or interesting to share with the car for a bit. The job is in jeopardy so I've been in saving mode for about a year. I have lots of ideas I'd like to do, but if the job goes so does the car.

Jim

same here, not a lot of new stuff to post, unless your interested in 68 el caminos, or info on how to change diapers on a baby. :biggrin:

i do however stack a bunch of boxes with mustang parts in my basement.

a lot of stuff that will be installed withing the next 2-4 years.

-70' side windows and rails

-front and rear frame and torque boxes

-new rear wheelhouses

-quarter panel skins

-dynamats

-dashboard

-remote trunk opener

-led's for the instrument cluster

I think my use here comes in waves. I like the site due to the specific info/data but there isn't a lot of off topic discussion so unless you are having an issue or helping an issue there isn't much else going on. Factor that with people hitting a low spot due to the holidays, getting colder outside and not as fun to work, projects buttoned up for winter and not a lot of traffic from the northern states unless you are determined. I think there are quite a few on here who have finished a project and no longer turn to the board for info to help or look for help as well.

Similar to what some others have said above, my project stalled for a while due to changes in life (got divorced, started riding motorcycles, lack of fun-money). I've recently started back up on the stang and hope to achieve some progress over the holidays.

I am mostly just a lurker now. I can blame it on school, work, the internship I just completed, or lack of equipment, but that would just be making excuses. I really just lost motivation. I am getting it back thanks to this. I recently purchased a welder and I am ready to tackle the sheet metal repairs. I still need a big compressor and more money, but will make due with what I have for now. This site is still the best and seeing others make progress helps motivate me.

Pakrat, I know you will read this so where are the pictures of that deck lid you told me about?

My memory is usually pretty good but I am drawing a blank on this, sorry. Refresh me?

We exchanged a few PM's around two years ago, can't believe it was that long ago. I don't know if you keep your PM's but mine was dated 11/2/12.

We exchanged a few PM's around two years ago, can't believe it was that long ago. I don't know if you keep your PM's but mine was dated 11/2/12.

I don't keep all of them as my box gets full fast but I did actually keep yours Anthony, good thing you weren't in a hurry. I'm guessing I had trouble finding it and then just forgot. I have like 13 days off between the holidays and will be spending a couple days organizing my garage for winter projects, swapping around the locations of the lawn mower and snow blower etc. so I will take a look and see if I can get that for you.