Sign in to follow this  
RogerC

2015 Mustang

Saw my first 2015 mustang saturday on the way to the UD football game. Was passing by some university housing and sitting in front of one was a brand new, with temporary tags, yellow V6 model. I gotta say it looked pretty good. I need to get a closer look at one though.

They are pretty damn sweet.

Saw one at Cruising the coast sitting in the front of the parking lot at the Swap meet,

Like Form Dropped it off for people to drool over.

Had no tags or Plat or inspection sticker, was all black with black interior...NICE....I want some of those seats

Saw that one yesterday, delivered at the Ford dealership in Fort Walton, FL. Looking good in my mirrors. 100% Mustang DNA, when prowling around in the midst of regular traffic. Loved it! Don't you think the upper rear looks like a 69 Sportsroof (rear lights, width, etc.)?

G

image_zps84c2ac2d.jpg

image_zps3712851b.jpg

I haven't seen them in CA yet, I live near one of the ford dealerships in my area and I haven't seen a 2015 on the lot. I wonder why... then again gotta love CA and their smog regulations...

LOL

Has nothing to do with SMOG laws. Come on, man!! LOL

yup ... i like it! it has a lot of performance and technology available, and so much potential with modifications to the ecoboost and coyote... in person it has a presence like the early cars to me... but that's whats cool we all can have our own interpretation of it!! some will love it... some will hate it... but at the least we have a choice... pony car wars live on!!

I guess I'm too old (69) school. To my eye it looks like a 96 Mustang and a 2014 Camaro got too drunk and desperate one night and 9 months later the 2015 (um) Mustang? Was born into a father less family. Thus making it, well you know. I do however really dig the lines of the 2005 to 2014's. Just my opinion.

I'll just leave these right here.... Picked this up a few days ago in Alabama. It is 10x the car my 2006 was. They have paid alot of attention to detail. If you get a chance go check one out at your local dealer. And sadly these pictures/my camera don't do the car justice.

1102141017_G.jpg

1102141017a.jpg

Ohhh shes pretty sweet looking... so does it have the exhaust noise projected through the speakers?

I must say they are distinctively mustang in the front but the side shots while they look great seem to be lacking something to make it say MUSTANG its like almost blended into smooth mixture of so many different car body designs it is hard to tell what it is.

Its like the men in black LOL you see them and they look familiar but you don't know why you feel like you know them HAHA.

But they do look cool... I cant wait till people start crashing them so I can get me a set of seats :)

I mean really look at it from the side profile .... I can see 350Z, Jag, Camaro, etc....

I was thinking Aston Martin as well. The Ford boys could be just holding back on this for a next year or two freshen up but to me that hard body line from the door handle to the fender shoulder is just screaming for a subtle and preferably functional '69esque fender scoop!

So Ben, did you trade in the '06? Curious how that went if so with the V8 conversion vs. custom paint value.

From the pictures I've seen in articles, not a fan of it. I'm not a fan of new cars in general. But I definitely wouldn't consider the 2015 Mustang if I were in the market. I keep my cars for a long time and I don't see a lot of new car features going the distance.

I was thinking Aston Martin as well. The Ford boys could be just holding back on this for a next year or two freshen up but to me that hard body line from the door handle to the fender shoulder is just screaming for a subtle and preferably functional '69esque fender scoop!

So Ben, did you trade in the '06? Curious how that went if so with the V8 conversion vs. custom paint value.

It looks like a mustang from the rear view, the roof shape is 350z, and the rest does certainly look like an Aston. The IRS is an improvement but more so the steering feel is much improved. I got the auto and the 4 driving modes are really nice. I was getting 26mpg with the normal driving mode on the trip back. Sport mode is truly awesome with the paddle shifters. I have not tried out track mode yet.

I still have the 06. Trade ins are never good deals if your car is paid off. The dealer is the only one that wins on trade ins. I will be cleaning the 06 up and doing some TLC before I sell it to the right buyer. Understanding that a bank will only loan a buyer v6 money even though I swapped in the 8 and have the mods.

Ohhh shes pretty sweet looking... so does it have the exhaust noise projected through the speakers?

I must say they are distinctively mustang in the front but the side shots while they look great seem to be lacking something to make it say MUSTANG its like almost blended into smooth mixture of so many different car body designs it is hard to tell what it is.

Its like the men in black LOL you see them and they look familiar but you don't know why you feel like you know them HAHA.

But they do look cool... I cant wait till people start crashing them so I can get me a set of seats :)

I mean really look at it from the side profile .... I can see 350Z, Jag, Camaro, etc....

So the ecoboost mustang does pipe the sound in through the speakers. The v8 has a plastic tube that sends the sound to the cabin... Both are stupid ideas.

I still have the 06. Trade ins are never good deals if your car is paid off. The dealer is the only one that wins on trade ins. I will be cleaning the 06 up and doing some TLC before I sell it to the right buyer. Understanding that a bank will only loan a buyer v6 money even though I swapped in the 8 and have the mods.

Yeah private sale is probably best, you're right about the dealers, that's why I was curious. Although I have to say I was pleasantly surprised how much Hyundai wanted to keep a loyal customer when I had to update my DD already. I drove my 2012 on the lot recently with 113,000 miles on it and was surprised to get $3900 over what I owed out of them against a new 2014. Between that and the dealer discount and factory rebates I left a few hours later with a payment that was $80 less per month than what I had.

I took a quick look and seems everything equal the V8 is worth about 3K over the V6 so yeah, that could be a loan issue for the potential buyer. I am sure some wide eyed kid will find the way to get it though, maybe you can still insure it as a V6. I think that would be trouble in a claim but hey worth casually mentioning if it helps close the deal.