Sign in to follow this  
1969vert

launch

New best 60ft 1.41 on the motor... got my traction problems fixed...

Drove it to the track last friday.. Went 3 back to back 10.70s and drove it home.. all pump gas...Im liking this big motor more and more..

Edited by 1969vert

Uh...yep, I'd say that was a pretty good launch. You're gonna have to change the 60' time in your signature.

Bob

Edited by RPM

Broder performance:

C-4 transbrake forward drum 6 red discks

needle bearing #9 thrust

C-4 direct clutch drum 7 red

full roller front planet

Tranz king:

C-4 pro brake

Added 1" to stock pan

Modified part pinto C-4 converter with TCI parts...5200 rpms on the motor

Built buy Me...With alot of calls for help..

Edited by 1969vert

around 538HP for the weight..per wallace racing calculators... ... Fun ford this weekend at Houston..Might put it on the rollers...And i might put a 150 shot it on the dyno.. just to see the numbers..

Cool video! Nice work on the C4. Great little tranny to rollerise and add discs to. Lots of folks run them behind stroked 460's. They're pretty stout if built right.

Bob

Nowhere near your neighborhood performance wise, but I'm curious about your rear suspension and driveability with that much converter.

I'm building 70 coupe with a 357 cleveland, hopeing for 300hp at rear wheels.

I've got a Dynamic racing built c-4 with good parts but with auto/manual valve body, 9.5 inch 3000 converter. and 3:50 gear in 9inch.

I figure if car ever trys to hook on street tires that wheel hop will be a b***h! Looking for ideas and suggestions as your car definitel works on launch!!!!!

Nowhere near your neighborhood performance wise, but I'm curious about your rear suspension and driveability with that much converter.

I'm building 70 coupe with a 357 cleveland, hopeing for 300hp at rear wheels.

I've got a Dynamic racing built c-4 with good parts but with auto/manual valve body, 9.5 inch 3000 converter. and 3:50 gear in 9inch.

I figure if car ever trys to hook on street tires that wheel hop will be a b***h! Looking for ideas and suggestions as your car definitel works on launch!!!!!

I run all calvert stuff in the rear.. divability.. a little stiff in the rear.. but i do have preload in the bars all the time..

As for the converter...no problem driving it around on the street..it takes off like normal..1200 to 1500 cruises off the line like normal.. Now step in the loud pedal and 5200 rpms and hang on..I do run a very big cooler I think it was for towing 20k..remember heat kills a tranny and converter slippage will generate heat ..

Edited by 1969vert