Sign in to follow this  
Zipppo

1969 Mach 1 silver jade

I just wanted to share my good fortune. I found and purchased a 1969 H code Mach 1 today. It has been lightly used since the 80's. The neat thing is the condition of the car. Straight body and mostly original paint. Very nice. It is the 351 W 2bbl I know nothing fantastic there yet should be good on gas. The neat thing in my view is it is a factory 4 speed car along with a working factory tach. The Philco am radio still works well. I plan on two changes and that is adding a rear sportdeck or commonly called fold down rear seat. I posted in the want ads but will mention it here as well. So if anyone has one for sale I am interested. Also disc brakes up front. I actually have the spindles but no caliper brackets. If anyone has a 69 or 70 front disc brake set up minus booster and master I am also interested in that. Anyway I think I have found a keeper and will preserve it and of course save all of the original drum bake stuff and non folding rear seat stuff too.

Oh great, another silver jade 69 Mach One to make me regret going with Porsche Indian red instead of the original silver jade. Seriously though, congrats on the nice purchase. Where in SoCal are you located? Did you find the car locally?

Bob

Edited by RPM

Thanks fellas. It is basically a survivor car. The interior is nice. Only issue is the door panels are cracked around the cups as most did. Appears to be all original and clean. Dash pad no cracks rim blow wheel no cracks and works.

My goal is to try to preserve the car as is is except for the addition of the discs up front with a drop and some wheels and rear sportdeck seat. I will keep all of the original parts and leave the paint and motor with 2bbl carb in place. That way I can easily go back to stock.

chillininnh I really like you car nice stance and love the wheels tire combo. Have you the info on them as well as your drop?

Nice car, Zipppo! And love the color- LOL! I think I have Flanders fraternal twin-- '69 351W-4V GT but with FMX automatic. Not the original silver jade but a close aftermarket Shamrock Green shot in '87. Added the front rear spoilers and rear window slats too. Cool. :cool:

[ATTACH]15976[/ATTACH]Thanks fellas,

I now have the complete rear fold down or sportdeck rear seat assembly and just need to refurbish it and install plus a factory disc brake set up. These upgrades in my view will add value to the car. I will retain the original front drum brakes and rear non folding seat parts so I have all of the original factory issue stuff. Oh yeah I will add a Shaker and Repop Goodyears to change thing up a bit for fun. The original parts will be stored as well. See attached picture. * Note that is not my car but will look like this. Refrence photo only! for the shaker.

I also located a rear window louver and chrome trip with the retaining brackets. Nice thing is with this set up I do not have to drill holes in the body of my car. Cleaning it and painting before installation.

Edited by Zipppo

I hear you. It was not a very popular color from some articles that I have read and it the color was dropped during maybe around early to mid year. My car is a 06B build. In my view a love it or hate color. When I was younger I did not care for it, now I really like it. Mainly because it is not a very common color.

Oh great, another silver jade 69 Mach One to make me regret going with Porsche Indian red instead of the original silver jade. Seriously though, congrats on the nice purchase. Where in SoCal are you located? Did you find the car locally?

Bob

I do not know how I missed this. My apologies. I did not mean to be rude. Thanks for the kind words on my purchase. To answer your questions I am located in Redondo Beach. I did find the car sitting in a home garage in SoCal (Coronado Island)and it is a black plate car. I ordered a Deluxe Marti Report to see if I can get more info. From what I know the car is 9T( New Jersey) 02H Sportsroof 351W 2BBL. 3A Black Mach 1 interior 45 Silver Jade Paint 17 (Washington) I guess D.C.? 5 4speed and 6 3:00 peg leg (open rear). My guess is maybe a military person brought it out here shortly after it was purchased and it remained or maybe was sold out here new. Once the Marti report comes in I will at least know where it was originally sold then I can try to see if that dealership is still in business. Anyway it will be fun to research more of the history.

That's the original color of my car! Looks like a great original survivor, congrats!

Thank you! I like the stance of your car. can you share the lowering items utilized to achieve this stance? Also the rim widths front and rear with backspacing and tire sizes?

Thanks in advance.

I do not know how I missed this. My apologies. I did not mean to be rude. Thanks for the kind words on my purchase. To answer your questions I am located in Redondo Beach. I did find the car sitting in a home garage in SoCal (Coronado Island)and it is a black plate car. I ordered a Deluxe Marti Report to see if I can get more info. From what I know the car is 9T( New Jersey) 02H Sportsroof 351W 2BBL. 3A Black Mach 1 interior 45 Silver Jade Paint 17 (Washington) I guess D.C.? 5 4speed and 6 3:00 peg leg (open rear). My guess is maybe a military person brought it out here shortly after it was purchased and it remained or maybe was sold out here new. Once the Marti report comes in I will at least know where it was originally sold then I can try to see if that dealership is still in business. Anyway it will be fun to research more of the history.

Hey, no worries. Nice that you were able to find such a good car so close to home. Good luck worth your car.

P.S. Coronado is a peninsula, not an island :)

Bob

Marti Report came in. Well from the Marti Report on my car I found out it was ordered on 1/24/69 and scheduled to be built on 2/6/69. It was built on 2/5/69 a day ahead of schedule and sold on 2/11/69 at Blanken Ford in Arlington Va. Everything is correct 351W 2BBL. 4 speed wide ratio,PS,AM radio,3:00 open rearend. Silver Jade with Black interior.

Next is to see if the dealership is still in existance and see if I can find anything else out about the car or who the original owner was.

Great looking car with one of my favorite 1969 colors. Most favorite color is the Acapulco blue (my vert is this color). ANother 69 color I loved is the Jade Black. People don't look at the colors that were available in 69 as much because the grabber colors came out in 1970. You don't see the silver jade very often! Enjoy your car.

Thank you for the kind words of support. I made a couple of small subtle changes. I added 15x8 rear styled steel wheels with BF Goodrich radial T/A's 275/60/15 to the rear. I have a pair of 15x7 for the front on order and will run 235/60/15's up there. I added a front spoiler as well. I can not upload the pictures as they say they are too large how does one reduce the size? Thanks!

Cool car and cool color. I've always liked the jade colors. Someday I'd love to have a Jade Black car. For now I've got a Med Winter Blue.

Glad to see you haven't thrown on a rear wing. Just not a fan.

As for resizing. Just open your image in microsoft paint and there should be a re-size icon in the tool bar. Use the percentage and make sure you have the "Maintain aspect ratio" turned on. Then most importantly, save the file as something new since you don't want to overwrite your original.

Jim

Thank you for the tutorial on resizing of the pictures.

No rear wing for me either. I do not like them at all. In my view they make the car look to much like a toy.

Looking good. I'm a no wing no slats guy myself, these cars need a front spoiler however.