Footcutter

69 Fastback project

BTW, am I the only one doing this in a two car garage?  A lot of you have some very nice shops/tools, and so this is me being really jealous!  :)

A two car garage is pretty nice deal, if you've only got a one car stall or working on the side of your house. I am really impressed with the guys who have very little room with which to work.

I am blessed to have a dedicated shop, but it didn't happen until I was 48. Count your blessings you've got a roof over your Mustang, I know I do.

Hood pins.  Passenger side fender saved from the 10lbs of bondo some moron put on.  Last pics are after bondo was removed and metal was reshaped.  I patched all the holes from the slide hammer, and rust.  Used some metal filler to get things somewhat smooth.  Don't have an English wheel or skills to make it perfect in metal.

post-43293-0-46823000-1433275516.jpg

post-43293-0-65069600-1433275523.jpg

post-43293-0-25641600-1433275572.jpg

post-43293-0-44631500-1433275583.jpg

Nice progress, body work intimidates me. Thankfully slide (slam) hammers have been dumped in favor of the spot weld stud. I feel your pain. After blasting, my car had so many holes it looked like Bonnie and Clyde came across it.

Nice progress, body work intimidates me. Thankfully slide (slam) hammers have been dumped in favor of the spot weld stud. I feel your pain. After blasting, my car had so many holes it looked like Bonnie and Clyde came across it.

Thanks, me too.  I just bought a stud gun for work on the hood.  With my inexperience, I warped the shit out of it, and it had hail damage.  Looking forward to giving it a go!

$600 for electric window regulators?  I think not!  $160 in parts, and a little fab work...

Put the new regulators in with the windows.  Success!  A little fine tuning, lot's o' lithium grease, clean up the welds, and boom!

That sucks. Too much HP?

No.  Just bad synchros.  I could do the rebuild myself, but a HD T5 with warranty was a good price.  If I went with the TKO600, not only would I need to wait, but there would be a lot of modification.  Currently I just want it road worthy.  I only paid $280, for the old tranny, and I might get a core around $250.