Footcutter

69 Fastback project

Bob,

Yes sir. Two clips were either not put in, or they fell out. Asking the experts, is there a way to keep this from happening in the future?

Thanks

Yes,,, find the guy that assembled the motor and hit him on the head HARD…. :punk:

Did you find the clips or what was left of the clips in the pan?

Being serious now I don't ever recall seeing this happen,

Edited by FordRacing

I did not find the clip parts, which leads me to believe they were not put in.

Thanks.

Does the wrist pin at piston bottom drop below the cylinder skirt with those

pistons? If they don't they're captive and you will find them between the piston and cylinder wall. Otherwise they will drop into the pan. I don't see any damage to the wall other than the pin damage. Me thinks they were left out. Kinda odd both clips would fail on the same piston. Are these spiral locks?

Bob

Hey now, that 427 with twin turbs is looking sweet and mean!! Any ideas on the RWHP or at the crank?? Also, is that Gulfstream Acqua, original color?? I have always liked that color. Different and pretty. :thumbup: Jim

Thanks! Between 500-650 (crank), any higher and I will need a new rear end (working with a low gear 8" for now). Just going to take it easy on my first build in 20 years. Yes, that is the paint code on the Marti report (also a 63C), and it is under a few layers of crappy paint. Probably go with a dark gray. I am doing a resto-mod, since none of the numbers match anywhere. Frame is a 70 (guess the 69 totally rusted out). Top a 69 (VIN) Original are quarters, fenders, interior, roof, cowl.

Thanks Bob!. Lots of welding on the frame. Going with a mild 6 point roll cage, mostly for looks. I plan to show it off, and maybe take it to the track once I get some of the parts upgraded. Just concentrating on getting it on the road, and starting with a good foundation. I may have overdone the displacement to 427 (408 may have been better), but it is just cool! :)