Footcutter

69 Fastback project

Nice progress. What's the story,brand & lbs, on the coil overs and what they mount to?

Thanks. QA1, springs are 225lbs/in, 10". I welded in a 2" x 3" cross member between the frame rails, and that is what they mount to.

I designed and fabed a triangulated 4 link.  Got the brackets from Paul Horton (Welders series).  Made the lower link bars from 1.5" DOM .125 wall tubing. Upper from 1" 0.083. Used Hiem joints on the lower bars on the connection to the axle to restrict binding.  Lower bars go into the stock leaf spring hole on the front ( I may move it down so the lower link bar is more parallel to the ground, right now it is about 10 deg.  Used 2" x 3" rec. tubing from frame rail to frame rail to support both the upper links, and the coil overs.  Added an anti sway bar.  One word of advice: Measure, Measure, Measure, or you will be cutting welds.

Nice, sounds well thought out. Ya know we do need pics :)

I'm guessing the 2x3 cross tube supports the upper links like mine from Ride Tech, which has tubes going forward to the pinion snubber location where the upper arms mount to the body. Is yours similar?

Nice, sounds well thought out. Ya know we do need pics :)

I'm guessing the 2x3 cross tube supports the upper links like mine from Ride Tech, which has tubes going forward to the pinion snubber location where the upper arms mount to the body. Is yours similar?

Thanks.  Mine splay out to the frame rails.  I will get pics after I clean up my shitty welding.  I have gotten a lot better since I put that in.

Been a long road starting with a car with no title, and two VIN numbers.  Although, I am no where from being finished (truly is a project ever really finished?) I now have a clean title, and plates!  It is just fun to jump in and go for a ride and watch all the stares, and meet people when I stop at the gas station.  I find I need to make time to chat as not to be rude.  In addition, when I give her some gas in second gear and generate about 10PSI of boost, she springs forward like a @*&^&() hammer!

post-43293-0-75685700-1438957286.jpg

post-43293-0-18611900-1438957367.jpg

Finally passed roadworthy inspection.  Vid, although not exciting, was landmark for me.  Especially since I changed the suspension on all four corners, and aligned the front with a measuring tape, and it runs straight and true!

http://youtu.be/OvE5ZvYQBbI

I aligned the front of my 65 fast back with a level that had a degree wheel and a tape measure so i could drive it to the alignment shop ,the guy that did the alignment said one side was right on and the other only needed a slight adjustment .

I aligned the front of my 65 fast back with a level that had a degree wheel and a tape measure so i could drive it to the alignment shop ,the guy that did the alignment said one side was right on and the other only needed a slight adjustment .

I think I got lucky.