Sign in to follow this  
69RavenConv

Do you carry a spare?

I always figure it's easier to do a 15 minute roadside tire-change rather than wait for a flatbed. My trunk is minty fresh, and still has enough room for whatever I need for my trip (usually cleaning supplies, cooler and a chair for car shows :) )

When I made the choice to go with staggered size 17" wheels I picked up an unused donut spare from 90's mustang to go with them, better to have and not need. Depending on the situation I may still opt to call Hagerty as well instead but I have been stranded in spots with no cell coverage or a dead phone before as well so I keep a full oh shit bag in my car at all times now with all kinds of just in case stuff that I hope I never need.

Ha, I deleted my original post because I thought it was a dumb question. I was wrong, it turned into an interesting thread. Personally, I'm torn between getting a 14" steelie (because I love the stock look) and finding another orphaned Ansen Sprint and running 5 matched wheels...