Sign in to follow this  
farmerjoe

69 mach 1 project

heres my project. got a 408w with b&m c6, 20x10 with 295-35-20 rear and 18x7 with 225-40-18 fronts. ridetech coilover suspension front and rear. strong arms front and triangulated rear. unisteer manual rack conversion, vintage venom adapters with cobra r disk brakes all 4 corners. car is original silver jade white mach 1 interior with 4 speed 351w. my plans are now to drive it while working on body.

Great car and shop! Very jealous...all my work is done in a 1 car garage.

I am jealous too, nice garage. I too am working with only a 1 car garage doing most of my work outside in the driveway when the weather is nice.

Nice place and cars. That silver jade is growing on me. Yours' is about the 3rd or 4th I've seen in the past 6 months, and I'm really liking it. My car was originally silver jade. Why did I paint it porsche indian red?

yeah the silver jade is growing on me more and more. when i first bought the car it was def going to be black, but now i believe i will keep it jade. i hope to get some more work done on it this winter but want to keep it driveable for the pretty days. i dont want it to be the car on jack stands in the corner of the shop, because for me thats were they tend to stay. like my 90 gt , which was my first car, has been an ongoing project since 1998.

Welcome to the forum! Count me in the jealous crowd as well, I have just the one car garage also and while I enjoy working in the driveway and sunshine it always draws too many lookielous who want to talk the day away and burn my precious time.

ok the time has come for me to get the car painted. after my last bad dealings with body shop on my torino and another shop going bankrupt on me, i am seriously thinking about doing this one myself.i dont have body shop skills but am good mechanically. found out from people that have looked at car that alot of work has already been done like quater panels,tale panel, front fenders, and floor pans have been replaced. i guess my first question would be is after i strip it to bare metal what needs to be done next to protec metal . any advice greatly appreciated

Do two wet coats of epoxy primer then a 2k high build urethane for blocking. Should be a good start for ya. If you do the 2k on bare metal it might start to peel (learned that one the hard way).