Sign in to follow this  
1969Owner

need help idenifying a bracket from 69

It my fault for not marking where i took stuff off, but i am putting my motor back in the car, everything is in except for this one bracket. I have no clue where it goes, i think it goes on the motor but i am not sure.

100_1649.jpg

100_1648.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas where it goes, or maybe have a picture reference?

What engine do you have?

What accessories? (PS, AC, etc?)

Did you have power steering?

It looks like it might be the hose retaining bracket that goes under the engine to keep the PS hoses from sagging.

edit: nevermind, I looked up a picture of that bracket and I was wrong.

I also ask: Are you sure you pulled it from your car? Miscellaneous crap ends up in my boxes of parts all the time. Usually they have nothing to do with the car.

M/C

my thoughts too. i currently have my car torn down to the bare firewall/aprons up front & haven't seen anything like that & my car has been pretty well untouched, so don't think it would be anything a p.o. would have removed. my car doesn't have air, so if yours does, could be something that goes with that. also, on these cars when a piece of metal is formed into a channel, with lips on the side, it usually seats some sort of rubber insulator. e.g.: power steering lines, rad mount etc.

it looks as if the rectangular section that has rounded sides would allow for a wiring harness clip, or hose clip to slide onto it to keep things stationary, but I can't say that I recognize that bracket.

i am sure it came off the Mustang, I moved the Mustang to a different garage when i started working on it, and the only parts I have in that garage is for the Msutang.

I repainted that part, and it was included in the pile of my stuff that i repainted.

Its pretty weird that i have this bracket and others have not seen it before

I guess it doesnt hurt to keep it off.....maybe the owner before me put that bracket on.

Edited by 1969Owner

Any chance that thing is related to the seats, or how they attach to the car? Also wondering about brackets that hold the ends of the steel dash. Just above the vents on the kick panels up front? Just guessing. I think most of us naturally want to think exterior parts, but I'm guessing it's interior....

How big is it really? We may be being fooled by size in the picture....

I'm thinking part of dash, or around pulley component. My car's at paint, so I can't look and see. This is a brain teaser. I have after market Carb, on a car with at least two previous owners, but it does fit nicely.

I have restored dozens of 69 mustangs both small and big block and have never seen that part before. I too would toss it into an extra parts box as I am sure at some time someone in its history some po just bolted it somewhere but as far as needing it to be apear stock I'd forget about it.