Sign in to follow this  
Jimjific

Favorite Picture Angle

I thought it would be cool to see what peoples favorite view/angle of the best looking year Mustang ever designed is.

Here is my entry. I always get a kick out of looking in the side view mirror and seeing this image of the quarter panel hip.

Jim

I agree. One of the things that I love about the 69-70 models is that there seems to be no angle that you look at the car in which it looks awkward. I had a 67FB that looked awesome except the rear looked a little weird at certain angles. I think it was the lack of a duck tail spoiler like Shelby used.

Jim

That would make a nice avatar Jim! :rolleyes:

I have actually seen just a few angles on the '69 that are not that flattering, if you catch it at the wrong 3/4 angle so that one side of the headlights are hidden then it appears to have a huge awkward looking mouth but for the most part I agree, it looks good from just about any view.

This was always my favorite pic of my car pre-accident, I can't say why but it just was, top down slightly askew shot at eye level and just enough background light. Not by any means a captivating picture you are drawn to look at but everything seemed balanced and pleasing.

69vert_tless.jpg

To bad that wasn't a Camaro in that mirror.

I like those hood shots. Of the 10 plus Mustangs I've owned,the shaker has eluded me. I almost had one but the guy screwed me over and sold the car after we had a deal.

Jim

Probably the worst angle for most cars is the 90 degree angle from the side. Many cars fall down in that area.

While I like the front of the 69s just fine, as with many cars, I enjoy the 3/4 rear view even more.

Something like this:

BOB_3854.jpg

Not to piss off any 69/70 Shelby guys, but this thread I think shows why in my opinion, the 69/70 Shelby never did anything for me. I think Fords base car was already to good and didn't need anything. With earlier Shelby's, the add on's seemed to help the design deficiencies and enhanced those models.

Just my thoughts.

Jim

Not to piss off any 69/70 Shelby guys, but this thread I think shows why in my opinion, the 69/70 Shelby never did anything for me. I think Fords base car was already to good and didn't need anything. With earlier Shelby's, the add on's seemed to help the design deficiencies and enhanced those models.

Just my thoughts.

Jim

I don't disagree at all but let's also not forget that the '69/'70 cars were Shelby's in name only, at this point they had become little more than a testing ground for Ford to try out there new ideas for the future models, the old man had little to nothing to do with them. Your point though is well proven by the fact that '70 Shelby's are just left over renumbered '69's with hood stripes added. I always felt Shelby reached Mustang perfection with '67 and my eventual choice of a '69 convertible was mainly based on the fact that i thought it was the most Shelby looking of all the base Mustang models and that it was pretty much where Ford reached perfection as well. I had no issues adding the Shelby deck lid and side scoops to my car but I would have never changed the nose even if that had gotten wrecked too.