Sign in to follow this  
Cornerstone

Which wheels fellas?

Thanks guys... I like the torque thrusts better too, and the Shelby wheels rub on the calipers anyways. The only thing is I think they are too small front and rear so I'm leaning toward the AR 500 billets in 17x9 in the front and 17x10 in the rear. The look so close to magnum 500's which probably are my favorite look on the car.

Specs are : Mach 1 ,351c / FMX , 9 inch, AC, PS , PDB. Originally green, not sure what green. No door tag on the car and have yet to get the marti.

The car was owned by a Navy pilot for 28 years and I am the 4th owner. It's a Dearborn car but was purchased in California in 1984 , and lived there for 15 years or so, then moved to Texas. The car recieved a full interior restoration in 1989, and new paint in 1993, which ended its use as a daily driver and it became an every other weekend car for him and his wife to cruise in. This guy took excellent care of the car. The complete suspension was then replaced with all stock components in 1998. The car has 125k miles on it and the Cleveland was rebuilt with an Isky cam, pertronix electronic ignition, performer intake and a holley carb about 25k miles ago. It runs great!

Now I'm rethinking my current project. I was going for a 302 / 4 speed, so stepping down in the power will not be fun. Plus it's cool having a Mach 1 over a basic fastback. So who knows, maybe I'll just repaint the yellow one black and be done for a while?

I wouldn't repaint the car.....leave it yellow, it looks awesome!!!!! especially with the black torq-thrusts

Thanks man! The first mustang that I fell for was yellow so I probably won't paint it. Besides the P.O. kept it SO nice it'd kill me to paint something that doesn't even need it. I mean the paint still looks new! I'll post some better photos soon.

On a side note I came across some 04 Mach1 wheels for $150! So if I understand it correctly I just need a spacer kit to make these fit. Anybody think they would look good?..., they are all 17x8.

I REALLY love the AR500 billet wheels but they are gonna be about 1200$ plus tires so these Mach 1 wheels are tempting, but I don't want to settle seeing this IS my dream car. (Well it's not a 428cj or BOSS but it's still a dream!):tongue:

Brian

I don't want to settle seeing this IS my dream car. (Well it's not a 428cj or BOSS but it's still a dream!):tongue:

Brian

Maybe some one has a pic with these wheels on their car. If they are the ones that look like the old torque thrust wheels I think they will look just fine. It doesnt have to be a Boss or 428CJ to be your 'dream car' just the one you like so dont settle, get the wheels you want.

Are these the wheels you are talking about? I found these in the aftermarket wheel pic post. For a sportsroof, I really like the AR500's. I think there is a vert on that post as well with the mach wheels you are looking at also. I agree on getting what you want, these will always look good IMHO.

Are these the wheels you are talking about? I found these in the aftermarket wheel pic post. For a sportsroof, I really like the AR500's. I think there is a vert on that post as well with the mach wheels you are looking at also. I agree on getting what you want, these will always look good IMHO.

Yes they are, and thanks for posting that photo. I would have done that but I'm just now learning and ran into a snag. My brother in law helped me post the first shots....

....but you wont have a hard time selling those if they are oem.

Yeah I took them off ,they are not oem, and the tires are nearly new, so what are they worth? Any takers?:huh::huh:

Probably should post in the for sale section, huh.