Sign in to follow this  
BuckeyeDemon

Need Pics. 69/70 Fastbacks, Magnums, T/A's

I'm looking for photos of 69/70 fastback's with magnum rims and BFG T/A's.

I'm not quite sure of the size i want, so i need your help.

Please post your photos (more the merrier) and the rim/tire size.

External links are fine or if you are unable to post pics, then PM me with an email if you can.

If you are unsure of your rim/tire size then please indicate that you're unsure.

I see lots of pictures around but i can't figure out the size that's being used.

Thanks Chillinnh,

Here are two more with 225/70/15 (15x7) fronts and 275/60/15 (15x8) on the rear.

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/COZ-69Mach1/112_1210?full=1

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/COZ-69Mach1/115_1522?full=1

I started off with 225/70/15s all the way around but wanted more meat in the back. So I replaced the 4 leaf springs with 4.5 leafs, added KYBs and stuffed the 275's in the rear. No rubbing...

I did have 255/60/15s in the rear for a week but they looked silly since they were smaller that the front tires in diameter.

Also, with the 275 on a 15x8 rim it creates a bit of the ballon effect that was so big in the 80's (remember N50's on a 15x8).

xplane,

i can see the pics in your last post. thanks.

did you post pics of your friends red 69 mach on the boss forum? i tried my best to zoom in on photos of that car in an attempt to determine what size tires it had (with no success).

keep up the photos everyone. i've been looking at all the pics and keep flipping back and forth on what i want.

as a bonus, i've enjoyed seeing the collection of photos of the nice cars.

xplane,

yep, that's the car. i saw your boss in those photos, but your sits a little lower than i'm expected mine to sit. so i was concerned the lowered stance would screw with my head when trying to decide what would look best on mine.

no need to get the size of his tires. i've got a good selection. however, i think i'm getting more gray hair trying to decide.

Buckeye,

FYI, I talked to Specialty Wheels today and they do custom backspace at no extra charge. I never liked the 4.5" backspace on the 15x8" magnums, the proportions just don't look right. I'm looking to order the 8" magnum with 5" of backspace, I'll post some pictures when I get them.

Mike

Buckeye,

FYI, I talked to Specialty Wheels today and they do custom backspace at no extra charge. I never liked the 4.5" backspace on the 15x8" magnums, the proportions just don't look right. I'm looking to order the 8" magnum with 5" of backspace, I'll post some pictures when I get them.

Mike

That's interesting. I have the 15x8's with the 4.5" backspace. 5" backspace would be nice. Mine are Specialty Wheel Magnums. Nice quality wheels.

hmm. the backspace availability opens up another option. just when i thought i had it narrowed down.

would a 255X60 on a 15X8 with a 5" backspace rub anywhere on the rear wheelwell? I don't want to hammer anything.

my biggest issue with the 15X8 is that it pushes the wheel out, which i don't quite like the looks of.