RPM

The Bitch is Back!

Badges? Badges, we don't need no stinking badges. Sorry, I'm old and couldn't help myself. Speaking of badges, I've run into a few younger types who think that line originated in the movie Blazing Saddles. While that is a great movie in its own right, staring one of my favorites, Slim Pickens, the original line is from another great movie, The Treasure of The Sierra Madre. But I digress. No badges.

I've bought a couple of the paint pens in silver agent and practiced a bit with them. The jury is still out, with a good chance of leaving it all black.

Sorry, Bob, over my head with that one. I know the movie but it's been a looong time.

Reminds me though of "Badger my ass, it's probably Milhouse". hehe

I think I'd go leaving them black over painted as well.

Well Bob I read 7 pages and love your gigs. I build Remote Control race boats and was a Bench Jeweler (diamond setter) for 30 years I am retired now. I build gigs for all the stainless work I do. I have not thought about using the lock down on my mill to hold a plate to cut with a hole saw. There is so much in your build thread I will read it all but will take some time. A friend of mine Gonzo built his arms for one of his cars. again thanks for the welcome. 

Thanks Randy. You wanna see a real fab guy, check out latoracing's 70 Grabber Green build thread. It's a work of art. Many of his early pics are deleted a few years ago when the forum changed formats.

Walnut Creek huh? I once drove to Danville one night and back for a bootie call. 500 plus miles. All with a smile on my face :)

Thanks Randy. You wanna see a real fab guy, check out latoracing's 70 Grabber Green build thread. It's a work of art. Many of his early pics are deleted a few years ago when the forum changed formats.

Walnut Creek huh? I once drove to Danville one night and back for a bootie call. 500 plus miles. All with a smile on my face :)

I will go look at his work thanks for the tip. I used to have a girl friend in Van Nuys that I would drive back and forth for. I feel your pain. :-)

Not much to show, my boy has been working on the door panels and I've been doing minor crap. Got some Goodyear Eagle F1 mounted up, 255/45zr18 fronts, and 275/40zr18 rear. I was afraid the fronts might have too big of a diameter and hit the front lower fender/valance, but I've got an inch clearance. I'd rather have a 40 or 45 sidewall in the rear for more diameter, but c'est la vie.

Finished bolting up the front valance, which was more difficult than I imagined. Installed the two foam cowl vent panel spacers and screwed in the two outer screws. I thought the cowl vent panel rear edge was held up by the two foam spacers. The rear is way low, over a quarter inch. Does something else hold it up in place, or are my spacers from NPD not the correct height?

I need to drop in the dash pad, bolt up the lower seat belt mounts, install the passenger seat then drive this thing to work out any bugs that I find.

post-5441-0-95003200-1484337056.jpg
post-5441-0-02763800-1484337405.jpg
post-5441-0-05569400-1484337507.jpg

Check your tire clearance with the wheels turned to the locks ,you may be a lot closer than you think 

I did but didn't snap a pic. That's where the 1" clearance was measured.

Ridge Runner, on 13 Jan 2017 - 1:59 PM, said:

Yup ,the windshield molding clips hold up the cowl vent panel .

Ya, that crossed my mind but I didn't get them out to check.

Thanks for the never ending help Jim.

I don't know why I thought the Year One six gauge bezel could be installed right out of the box w/o mods. I'm not sure who's oem bezel if any they used as a template. After much fighting and clearancing, I was able to get the dash pad installed, hopefully the last time for quite a while. I certainly can't recommend this bezel to anyone.

Crappy cell phone pic. Those are reflections in the gray paint areas not imperfections. You need to get on your back on the floor to see the screw up :)

post-5441-0-40841600-1485135850.jpg

I would love to see that cluster and clock bezel in stamped  brushed aluminum 

Better yet. Billet Aluminum. Bet it would cost a fortune but it would be really cool.

Those year one gauges are nice looking, They did a good job making them almost look like the originals.

I remember seeing a Gauge face that was made out of brushed Nickel with brushed copper lettering and Billet aluminum Bezels. It was different but definitely cool. It had blue back lighting that just made the copper pop.

Yes it does, thank you. Sometimes the little stuff takes more time than expected. Laboring thru the custom door panels which hold the front speakers including tweeters.

We did play the stereo with just the two rear 6x9's and 10" sub. Very crisp and sharp sounds. Heck, it sounds great as is, and I'd be happy without the fronts. Can't wait to hear it completed.

Guess I'll have to remove the dash pad to figure out why the gauge lights aren't working. Forgot to write that down on my to do list :( But it's on the list now.