Sign in to follow this  
RogerC

MM & FM returning to classic mustang format

Anyone else get the email from Mark Houlahan? I complained when they went to the new format a year or so ago. I even posted on their website about the lack of classic content. The January 2010 issue is supposed to return to the classic mustang format. I'll have to pick up an issue somewhere and check it out. Maybe get a new subscription for christmas if I like it.

I got my Dec. issue yesterday and you are correct on the change in January. Mark did a write-up on the change back to a classic format only. I don't like the mag at all now, not just because of the late-model stuff, but more because of all the high-dollar cars featured...a little too modified for my taste, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by SlimeGold 69

Anyone else get the email from Mark Houlahan? I complained when they went to the new format a year or so ago. I even posted on their website about the lack of classic content. The January 2010 issue is supposed to return to the classic mustang format. I'll have to pick up an issue somewhere and check it out. Maybe get a new subscription for christmas if I like it.

Same here. I let my subscription run out right after they changed.

I saw that to and was glad to hear it , I dont mind the high end cars at all as long as they are the classics, I do like the 5.0 mustangs but thats not why I subsribed to that mag. I would have got the 5.0 if thats all I wanted to see. looking forward to the new mag.

Modified Mustangs & Fords Magazine

That's what the email said. Formerly Mustangs & Fords and whatever the other was before they were combined. I think MM & FF is a different mag.

I had 3 or 4 issues left when the change came so I didn't renew. Had been a subscriber since the mags debut

This is supposed to be my last issue. I had not intention of renewing but now that they are changing back I may re up my subscription. I'll probably check it out on the newstands for a couple of months before doing so.

I saw Mark at the show in Tampa and he was telling me about the change. I don't think he was for the change to late models and classics to start with. On paper it looked good but it just did not work. I look forward to the January issue.

hi brandon hope your magazine is as good as the service i got from mark of modified mustang and ford magazine as i missed 6 issues in the change over from mustang and ford to the new one and mark posted the 6 missed issues at no charge :wink: i subscribed to your magazine 9 weeks ago no comfomation from you`s i sent an email to jason and got a reply it should be about 2 weeks to recieve the issues still have not recieved the issues have sent other emails to jason with no reply went to send an email to your editor and it bounched back :whistling: i am not the only one in australia waiting to recieve their subscription its been mentioned in the australian mustang forum so here is my email address tcjamo@bigpond.net.au if you would like to reply sorry to do this on this forum but it may seem to be the only way to get a reply all the best tim

there is a place on the website where you can do a "test drive" of the new Mustang magazine, i've tried several times however and haven't gotten my trail issue yet. i signed up for the free "test drive" back in August even......still waiting.

i'm glad modified mustangs and fords is going back to a classics only format and the best part is it is going to be all modified clasics. i can remember waaaaayyyyy back when the mag was Hot Rod's Mustang magazine, then just Mustang magazine, then Mustang and Fords (all Peterson publishing) which were all the same mag just renamed several times and Mustangs Illustrated (Dobbs) ....2 completely different magazines from different publishers. it does seem to have a habit of changing names a lot though.....LOL

i can evern remember getting the inaugural issue of Hot Rod's Mustang back in 1984 or 1985, i think i still have it somewhere too. i specifically remember a black 69 coupe in the back of that issue that was done "Euro" style as we called it back then with blacked out trim, shaved badges, Euro style "flag" mirrors, centerlines and wide BFG's all around. it was built kind of in the in between period from the old cafe racers, or canyon carvers of the late 70's and early 80's and the pro-touring or G-machine cars of the early to mid 90's. i remember wanting to my GT a lot like that but with the shelby side scoops and decklid and a set of wheels like the Riken mesh wheels i buoght a few years later and still have and which will be going on the cougar project now. that was the good ol' days for me....LOL

It seems i've heard of magazine completely dedicated to the Classics lately... :)

Got my free trial copy today. I'm very impressed. Very nice magazine! I'll have to see if I can talk someone into a subscription for Christmas.

What happened to Super Ford mag?

It's no more. It "combined" with 5.0 magazine. There is a bi-monthly out called Legendary Fords that's pretty good if you can find it on newstands. http://www.legendaryfordmagazine.com/homex.htm

Seems it's going to just all-online now tho:confused:

Edited by SlimeGold 69

Modified Classics? I'm going to have to find this mag....

Nice 70 there Stang. Ever thought about doing a 69 on an Art Morrison frame/Air Ride setup?

Thanks! Oh I've thought about doing alot of combos and if the customer wants it, we'll do it. But for business reasons, the next shop car were building right now is a .....Camaro! I know, I know, everyones got one but it will be different, I promise!