stangme428

69 coupe build

also posted this in the tech section--

so i thought this would be fun to post.... double... triple checking numbers... then cleaning them up... rain man version then the cleaned up version...

A = 3.368 depth from bell housing to fingers

B = 1.800 - face of trans to end of TOB

----------

1.568 too far away from fingers (TOB total adjustment is .700)

1.800 original B measurement

1.439 + new spacer between trans and TOB collar

---------

3.239 = new B trans face to end of TOB

A = 3.368

B = 3.239 -

---------

0.129 McLeod spec distance TOB from fingers .100 - .150

we still have .700 outward adjustment on the TOB

sooo.... holiday is closing in woo hoo!! ... MustangDepot shipped my steering wheel and fuel gauge on 12/12 and i received it on 12/17... so much for paying for Fedex 3 day delivery on my order placed 11/25.... but im glad i recieved it!! looks good and leather trim is nice.. on the Lecarra MK IV kit hmmm .. they now have free shipping.. maybe they placed me into that rather than the 3 day... who knows..

also... just spoke with the machine shop on the spacer for the TOB... behind schedule so should have the aluminium in to make the spacer soon...

started going through the Viper T56 sensors and replacing items with broken connectors and figuring out the lockout solenoid... good stuff!! hope to check out a few things on Thursday 12/20/12

What's the plan for the lockout solenoid? I swapped to a lighter spring on mine, see my T56 conversion thread for more pics. Wiring it to the brake also works, but you'd have to press the brake in every time you shift into reverse.....something I don't always do.

What's the plan for the lockout solenoid? I swapped to a lighter spring on mine, see my T56 conversion thread for more pics. Wiring it to the brake also works, but you'd have to press the brake in every time you shift into reverse.....something I don't always do.

not sure yet on the lockout, i may do the brake mod, but im like you.. i dont always tap my brake to go into reverse. im thinking some type of switch... everybody needs a big red toggle switch or two... lol

i have read various mods on the spring change, so was yours so hard to get into reverse you did the spring mod?

It basically took both hands to shift into reverse without the spring mod. Now I can do it one handed, but still has enough resistance that I don't mistakenly go into reverse while shifting into 5th. I didn't want the switch, because how many times do you want to flip a switch when doing a multi-point turnaround? The good thing about the spring mod is that if you don't like it, you can always go back and add the switch later.

It basically took both hands to shift into reverse without the spring mod. Now I can do it one handed, but still has enough resistance that I don't mistakenly go into reverse while shifting into 5th. I didn't want the switch, because how many times do you want to flip a switch when doing a multi-point turnaround? The good thing about the spring mod is that if you don't like it, you can always go back and add the switch later.

yeah.. i have read pro's and con's for both mods.. no good solution if you believe everything on various forums, ill play it by ear... whats great is we have options!! im not leaning towards the brake mod tho... probably a combination of spring and switch... thanks for your input buening.. much appreciated!

stopped by and installed the Lecarra steering wheel.. took a few camera phone pics.... hope to have some better pics at some point... great drive into work today!!! the sky was amazing in south GA!!

edit-- added a few more pics

Edited by stangme428

quick update ---- tested the input on the arduino to change the left most gauge to blink green to simulate a turn signal indicator.

hope everyone that celebrates is having a great holiday!!

good to have programmers in the family... !!!:thumbup:

i spoke to the machine shop on 12/27 they had delivery problems from UPS, cylinder of aluminium... and expect to have the spacer for the TOB made early next week 1/3/13....

woo hoo.... picked up the spacer from the machine shop... looks good... fits good against the collar.. just needs some good bolts to hold it in..

now that the Holidays are over and getting back in the groove....

hope to get it installed this weekend....

Hey, I'm new to the site,

Have a 69 coupe that needs a lot of tlc, starting with body work. I am 17, and this is my first car, so I'm fairly new to working on cars. I am considering doing the body work my self, in hopes of saving money, I'm doing this car on a seriously tight budget. Any advice on starting, or wether I should even attempt to do the body work my self as a beginner, would be greatly appreciated. I have a million questions, so this won't be the last you hear from me.

Hey, I'm new to the site,

Have a 69 coupe that needs a lot of tlc, starting with body work. I am 17, and this is my first car, so I'm fairly new to working on cars. I am considering doing the body work my self, in hopes of saving money, I'm doing this car on a seriously tight budget. Any advice on starting, or wether I should even attempt to do the body work my self as a beginner, would be greatly appreciated. I have a million questions, so this won't be the last you hear from me.

ctjm95 -- welcome to the site... lots of good people on the site that can help with just about any question you have .. post in the technical section with your questions and im sure someone will have a great answer...

i purchased my 69 coupe to learn also... and its been a great learning experience... i farmed out items i knew i didnt have time to do or the critical skill set to do it correctly... as i acquired the cash..lol... mainly paint and body... the mechanical i can learn and have gear head buddies to help me figure it out:thumbup: welcome again.. your gonna have a great build im sure!!

Edited by stangme428

woo hoo.... picked up the spacer from the machine shop... looks good... fits good against the collar.. just needs some good bolts to hold it in..

now that the Holidays are over and getting back in the groove....

hope to get it installed this weekend....

ok... you guys ( :ninja: ) should have called me out on this!!! only if you thought it was a before and after shot..!!

another reason to post on a forum is so other people can learn from your mistakes.. and NOT do them.... so i was so excited and in a hurry to pick up my part at the machine shop ... that i forgot a very critical item... a freakin hole in the center of the spacer... i had focused on the 4 holes lining up and didnt even think about a center hole.. it should have been a given.... and i needed to rush back to work...

so needless to say.. ill be at the machine shop on Monday morning getting a 1.2x" hole drilled in the new spacer... thought about doing it ourselves but.. i paid for it to be done so....

now just so we didnt waste the entire weekend... i routed some more wiring to the area it needs to go... yeah that AAW written document i promised .. that im still working on... unboxed the new dashpad and set the gauge cluster in... now i need to find the passenger side dash insert... would love a carbon fiber one but...$$

also installed the air deflector above the grille .. had to cut out for the AC brackets and drill a hole that was off on the driver side... but it looks good..:clap::punk:

edit: spacer now has a center hole!!!! went by machine shop, had a good laugh at myself and they drilled it out while i waited... good times!

Edited by stangme428
update info

had a few minutes on the way home.. we installed the TOB spacer and did a few measurements... should be almost center of requirements... .120 :punk:

also found a grommet to fit over the RGB - LED's and mount in the gauge to hold the LED in place .... hope to make some progress on the cluster this week. looks like we are headed to the Silver Spring Mustang and Ford Roundup this weekend.. always a great show!!

Great to see you're making progress! Can't wait to see those gauges lit up!

I'm sure I missed it back in the thread, but what seats are you running? Did you have to modify the factory floor mount to make them work?

I had this killer set of lumbar adjustable seats out of the white 300zx, they look a lot like your seats. They were a basketball/cream color and would have looked so good with my green Stang, but when I sat them in the car, they sat way too high because the factory floor mounts for the OEM seats are really high off the floor. Thought about modifying the floor to make them work, but didn't want to get into cutting the floor up to mount the seats.

I'd really like to get a comfortable set of seats in there at some point, so I'm curious what you're running (and how expensive)!

jayru - i purchased the seats from summit racing on sale -- procar by scat. they do sit somewhat high, we mounted them as low as possible with the seat mounts you purchase separate for the early mustangs. i have a 14" steering wheel and no tilt.. getting your legs over the seat bolster is not hard, but not like a stock seat at all... i wanted to stay in the seat while cornering so it doesn't bother me.... as of yet.. lol.. cant wait to drive it and ill get a better feel.. i cant recommend them as of yet... i have no seat time at this point:laugh:

I'm sure I missed it back in the thread, but what seats are you running? Did you have to modify the factory floor mount to make them work?

I had this killer set of lumbar adjustable seats out of the white 300zx, they look a lot like your seats. They were a basketball/cream color and would have looked so good with my green Stang, but when I sat them in the car, they sat way too high because the factory floor mounts for the OEM seats are really high off the floor. Thought about modifying the floor to make them work, but didn't want to get into cutting the floor up to mount the seats.

I'd really like to get a comfortable set of seats in there at some point, so I'm curious what you're running (and how expensive)!

Psssst hey buddy, Fiero, nuff said, will meet all your needs.:cool: