stangme428

69 coupe build

A 460 in a Fox has gotta be a real tire shredder.

On a side note, will a 460 in a 69-70 clear the shock towers? I know on the Boss 429s is was a tight fit and I imagine the 460 is even wider.

yep it is a tire shredder.... first time i had driven a car with that much torque... when i punched the gas.. it felt like the rear of the car lifted off the ground a foot....

im not sure of the width or any shock tower mods... a few builds on the net have 460's in them... should be able to find a few examples on the 460 forum ..

ok - its a go -

new items to the list--- its Shelby time.. with a boss twist --

Shelby items -

• rear deck lid (w/shelby insert)
  • end caps
  • tail lights
  • side scoops - like the converts had

Boss items

• Boss 429 hood scoop
  • functional scoop.... ???!!!

car will have features of a 69 shelby (trunk, etc setup), 68 california special (dual GT tips lower valence), and Boss 429 (scoop)... a freak of cars I love...... may have the cobra emblem on the sail panel on each side as well as in the grill .. not sure... will have to see how it looks ...

never a dull moment...:biggrin:

gotta verify the deep blue (vista?) and hotrod flat black paint numbers...

there are pics floating around of a similar car.... ill post them soon... back to work...:tongue_smilie:

this is very close to the end result - along with a flatblack roof, hood, rear deck etc..

to the owner of the attached pics -- thanks for the inspiration!!!:tongue_smilie:

Edited by stangme428
cant spel

sounds similiar to my build. I didn't see anyone doing anything like what I was doing, now I see it alot. Maybe because now I'm looking for it.

I'm gonna have the shelby rear setup on my coupe. It's gonna have the insert in decklid along with letters. I'm putting the cobra emblem on the sail panels and I'm putting the cobra emblem offset in the grille like in 69. I'm not using the shelby front but I am using the cougar eliminator scoop (aka...mini boss 429 scoop) that is molded in fiberglass hood

sounds similiar to my build. I didn't see anyone doing anything like what I was doing, now I see it alot. Maybe because now I'm looking for it.

I'm gonna have the shelby rear setup on my coupe. It's gonna have the insert in decklid along with letters. I'm putting the cobra emblem on the sail panels and I'm putting the cobra emblem offset in the grille like in 69. I'm not using the shelby front but I am using the cougar eliminator scoop (aka...mini boss 429 scoop) that is molded in fiberglass hood

yep... almost the same setup... just a bit taller scoop.. we briefly toyed with the idea of the shelby deMexico rear sail panels... but that thought came and went... :huh:

looks like you're making some serious progress! Congrats dude.

Just a weird thought, but i noticed the indents in the quarters where you removed the factory scoops. Is it possible to just flip them (the factory scoops) so they face forward (not backwards like the factory). May look cool??

I am always going back and forth on the Shelby side scoops, they look kinda cool, but they're non functional anyway, and i think they kinda stick out too much. The 68's and below have the recess that makes the scoops flow better with the door and quarters. Just a thought.

Jayru - thanks man... long time working on this project... as for the side scoops..didnt think of that... a bit late now.. just talked with the shop -- shelby parts are installed. hope to have some pics soon.:tongue_smilie:

--seems they had to replace the hood and front passenger fender... previous damage... i thought something was up with it... but now i know for sure...

Edited by stangme428

I like the couple of builds going on right now. All of us are borrowing concepts from different mustangs and making unique cars.

I wish I had considered the idea of turning the stock side scoops around. The holes are at an angle, but it would have been possible to cut them off and reweld them. It might have looked good. Of course, everyone will ask you, "Dude, do you know your scoops are on backwards?". LOL!

wow - Shelby inserts are not cheap from Branda... but .. they have the good stuff when it comes to Shelby parts...:shifty:

think im going with the Shelby snake on the sail panel on each side... no emblems where the original Mustang logo is on the fenders.. and replacing the front mustang emblem in the grill with the Snake logo.. somehow...

just mods from all the Mustangs i like....

some progress....

ready to start "block sanding"

fenders are just hanging on in the pics ... no antenna.. had the hole filled.. easy to hide a sat, GPS antenna etc in the back under the fiberglass trunk lid.

Shelby rear is coming together.. decided to go with the center exhaust.. and license plate bracket in the Shelby location..

Boss 429 scoop not installed yet..

hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!:tongue_smilie:

** having second thoughts on the paint scheme.. had a buddy do a quick render and the scheme doesnt look so hot... thinking of going to a vista blue all over and go with the Boss 302 black out scheme..**

Edited by stangme428

** having second thoughts on the paint scheme.. had a buddy do a quick render and the scheme doesnt look so hot... thinking of going to a vista blue all over and go with the Boss 302 black out scheme..**

Great minds think alike...check out my latest progress pics.

some progress....

ready to start "block sanding"

fenders are just hanging on in the pics ... no antenna.. had the hole filled.. easy to hide a sat, GPS antenna etc in the back under the fiberglass trunk lid.

Shelby rear is coming together.. decided to go with the center exhaust.. and license plate bracket in the Shelby location..

Boss 429 scoop not installed yet..

hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!:tongue_smilie:

Man, your copying my setup.....just kidding.

I have the shelby rear setup, i filled the antenna hole in fender already, i'm doing the center exhaust and shelby license plate, and I'm painting it vista blue. Check out my pics. Link is in my sig.

Man, your copying my setup.....just kidding.

I have the shelby rear setup, i filled the antenna hole in fender already, i'm doing the center exhaust and shelby license plate, and I'm painting it vista blue. Check out my pics. Link is in my sig.

what.. are you kidding.. vista blue.... wow...!! i have been following your build... lol.. not trying to copy tho... the Shelby was an accident.. wanted it but couldn't afford it.. then got a deal i couldn't refuse... now if you are putting a Boss 429 scoop ... then when we finish the builds we need to meet up and do a photo shoot...!!!

gonna go back and read your build...lol

I know it's pretty crazy. I almost did the boss 429 scoop. I decided to do the fiberglass hood with the cougar eliminator scoop molded in. It's the same dimensions as the boss 429 but just not as tall. Yours is looking good too.

Where are you located? Maybe we could meetup when our cars are done.

I know it's pretty crazy. I almost did the boss 429 scoop. I decided to do the fiberglass hood with the cougar eliminator scoop molded in. It's the same dimensions as the boss 429 but just not as tall. Yours is looking good too.

Where are you located? Maybe we could meet up when our cars are done.

that's funny i have been going back and too with the body guy on the eliminator hood vs the boss 429 hood.... we are on the boss 429 at the moment... we shall see what gets glassed in...

Im in south GA 35min inland from the coast ...