Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kode-red-racing

music thread

Hey guys, I am still a little new and still trying to get to know every body, and I dont know about you guys but I am a big music guy, so I thought why not see what every body listens too.

I am a big heavy metal kinda kid, slipknot, mudvayne, demon hunter, killswitch engage, as I lay dying, underoath, and so on.

Classic rock guy here. IMO music ceased to exist after the late 70's. There are a few newer bands I like but all have that "classic" sound.

Eric Clapton

Van Morrison

Led Zep

Matchbox20

Dave Mathews

3rd Eye blind

All are on my Ipod.

I haven't heard of one of the bands you've listed but then again I'm stuck in past. To each his own as long as it's not blaring out of your ride loud enough to wake the dead. When I pull up to the tuner cars with their hip hop so loud the windows shake I offer them my cutouts. Cutouts drown out all things.....

Thats cool, I have ruin by lamb of god playing right now.

take a listen

I have listened and i will be looking up their cd's. Good stuff.

I am more into older metal.Some of the cd's in the garage are,

slayer

iron maiden

white zombie

exodus, their newer one rips too.

overkill

pantera

I have others but they are metal. I wont be listening to them in the stang ,it will be radio delete.

yes, rap should not be listened to,any time, any place:thumbdown:

I'm not a fan of hip hop, but there's a couple of acts that I will listen to. I like classic rock in my car, metal rock, and some pop, depends on the mood I guess. I have over 9GB of music in my iPod, lots of old 60-80s stuff that I heard when I was growing up, and many more from the 80s-2000s. With these digital machines now, the sky is the limit, and anything you remember from High School is okay to have (as long as no one else hears it!) :).

Rap and hip hop is in my mind the dumbest thing ever made.

Then you're listening to the wrong stuff. (yes, I know that there are dumb 'rap tunes' out there.) I listen to it ALL. From Beethoven to the Black Crowes. It's less about what you rock to than how you rock. Every tune has a time and a place. The trick is knowing when to switch.

i like pretty much any form of rock n roll. southern rock, punk, heavy metal, thrash metal, classics, blues, etc. from ac/dc to anthrax from zeppelin to zappa. my favorite bands are Lynyrd Skynyrd, Megadeth, Ac/Dc, Allman Brothers, Stevie Ray Vaughan, old Metallica, Kenny Wayne Shepard, the Doors, Jimi Hendrixm, Iron Maiden, Pantera, etc. Skynyrd being at the top of the list for a reason..Long Live The South!!!!!, at least southern rock anyway.

can't stand ipods though.

I got my wife one for X-Mas. I have been messing with it and I kinda like it now. Not a good idea if you have dial-up like me though:sleeping:. It takes like 15 minutes to dowload a 3 minute song.

naw i got cable, but i still don't like the ipods. knowing me i'd be looking for a song i wanted to hear and have a wreck. the radio and cd's are much easier to find the song i want, my favorite cd's i have the tracks memorized anyway

naw i got cable, but i still don't like the ipods. knowing me i'd be looking for a song i wanted to hear and have a wreck. the radio and cd's are much easier to find the song i want, my favorite cd's i have the tracks memorized anyway

JVC makes a receiver unit that can accept an ipod through a native interface (so can both receive audio as well as keep the ipod charged), and allows you to interact with the ipod through the normal controls on the radio unit.

No reputable site would link to a site with 'free mp3s'. considering all 'good' music is copywrited, you have to pay something if you get it off the 'www.'

Most 'illegal' downloading is done through an alternate method. (which no reputable site would mention.)

No reputable site would link to a site with 'free mp3s'. considering all 'good' music is copywrited, you have to pay something if you get it off the 'www.'

Most 'illegal' downloading is done through an alternate method. (which no reputable site would mention.)

I listen to almost anything. Rap to a certain point but only once in a while. If the subs are turned up I'll rock it to some techno and wake the neighbors, and if you hit your cutouts on me I rev my flowmasters hehehehe.

Big fan of Evan's Blue and some other bands, I also like a lot of metal.

I listen to almost anything. Rap to a certain point but only once in a while. If the subs are turned up I'll rock it to some techno and wake the neighbors, and if you hit your cutouts on me I rev my flowmasters hehehehe.

Big fan of Evan's Blue and some other bands, I also like a lot of metal.

At one time I owned every Iron Maiden album on vinyl, tape and CD at the same time, now its all on my iPod. Once you go Mac, you never go back, LOL! I Listen to Sabbath, Sabbath without Ozzy, Ozzy, Dio, Priest, Queensryche. I even like alot of the new stuff like Kilswitch Engage, Arch Enemy, Dragon force. If you want a decent sampling of new stuff I recommend headbangers Ball: The Revenge, some awesome stuff on there.

Listening to Diary of a Madman at the firehouse now :), almost time to get off shift!!

I was born in a great generation for music appreciation.

Pop is a huge classic rock fan: Zepplin, Grand Funk, Steve Miller, Iron Butterfly, etc.

Mom is a huge Motown & Blues fan: Sly & The Family Stone, The Platters, The Commodores, John Lee Hooker, James Brown, etc.

Road trips as kids revolved around oldies radio stations. All the Beach Boys, Jan & Dean, Turtles, Zombies, etc.

Older brother is a metal head: Metallica, Anthrax, Queensryche, Slaughter, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, Poison, Cinderella, Ratt, etc.

My sister was a true punk: Dead Kennedy's, Social Distortion, The Clash, Sex Pistols, The Misfits, Sonic Youth, etc.

My best friends and I were 9 when hip-hop was discovered: Beastie Boys (who were a punk band to begin with), Whodini, Grand Master Flash, Public Enemy, Run DMC, etc.

Spent 12 years in concert band learning classical music and jazz.

My collection of music (now terabytes of drive space vs. 100's of CDs) is nothing short of eclectic. E's go from Edith Piaf to Enya to Eve to ELO. :)

I like Truck's quote: "It's less about what you rock to than how you rock. Every tune has a time and a place."

Rock on!