Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kode-red-racing

music thread

Classic Rock, some southern rock & some metal, infact I am listening to classic rewind on sirius as I type this.

Steve Miller Band, Blue Oyster Cult

38 Special, Bachman Turner Overdrive

Doobie Brothers, Deep Purple

Journey, Rush

Boston, Elton John

Led Zepplin, Ozzy

The Who, Judis Priest

Beatles, Styx

Moody Blues, Jethro Tull

Eagles, Yes

Foriegner, Kansas

60s through 90s of most anything rock, pop, heavy metal, southern rock, folk. A little bit of country, classical, and disco. Can't stand rap or hip-hop. Grew up around country and 50s/early 60s rock. Mom used to go to Elvis concerts with friends. Have an 80s compilation CD I put together in the car I've been listening to lately.

I have audio processing software on my home pc. If it plays on the net (audio or video, ie Youtube), I can record it digitally and clean it up if necessary.

I listen to a lot! I play guitar so I appreciate a lot of styles. I have Sirius in the 2011 GTCS. Classic rock, blues, jazz, metal, alternative, country, folk, jam, newgrass, bluegrass, pretty much everything but rap and pop (horrible song writing and guitar). I am opinionated in each style. I have ripped all of my old cds and use to trade legal Jam band shows so I have a half a terrabyte drive full of HQ MP3s.

Rush, Hendrix (Best guitarist hands down), Tull, The Who, Sabbath (It's a real downer about Iommi I was really looking forward to seeing the tour), Beatles. You know, all the good stuff. Rock sure seems dead today (Same for cool designed affordable cars), but who said it had to last?

Jim