69Mustang16

1969 Coyote Resto-mod

So, what is the purpose of the splitter?

So, a splitter on a racecar would apply downforce at high speeds so you don't get lift on the front end.  

But this clearly isn't a racecar so it's for looks.  IMO, it makes the car look sleeker and lower to the ground.

You're killing me, you keep posting additions, thinking its going to be painted.

Oh, the suspense!!!!!!!

Any ideal of when you will get her painted?

Please tell me its going to be soon.

I, like a few other members who are like kids waiting for the ice cream truck to come by on a 120 degree day, want to see this one of a kind Stang painted

You're killing me, you keep posting additions, thinking its going to be painted.

Oh, the suspense!!!!!!!

Any ideal of when you will get her painted?

Please tell me its going to be soon.

I, like a few other members who are like kids waiting for the ice cream truck to come by on a 120 degree day, want to see this one of a kind Stang painted

Haha!  That made me crack up...  Thanks for following our build.

We are just as anxious.  I believe we have made a 180 and are going to paint the car blue.  It's been a decision we've been wrestling with for months and had originally been set on red, but it's now looking like the car will be blue with black accents throughout.

We hope to have paint on some part of the car early next week.  Can't wait!

What do you guys plan for the back side of the hood ? (The square opening)Unless I missed it somewhere. 

Still working on a plan for that, we want it to be functional but also really sleek like the rest of the car.  I'm sure we'll figure something out.

Painting odds and ends as well as the 4 link and 3rd member

259_zpsxcxjeriv.jpg

260_zpsmtnyfxbh.jpg

261_zpsioi3xafh.jpg

262_zpsdpbun5az.jpg

263_zpsruovnmvx.jpg

264_zpsqwqtq3gk.jpg

Body should be getting paint first thing next week after all of the products come in.  We ended up going with a custom mixed color. 

Also, wanted to say again that all work is being done out of Franklin NC, via GT Graphics and Customs.  Gary Paquette ( the owner ) and his team have really been killing it on our build and have been able to make everything we have designed on paper a reality.  Some Canadian named Kenny thinks we haven't been giving credit where credit is due, so here it is again Kenny! ;)

Annnnd a little bit of custom mixed red with its first coats of clear

C6FA640C-55A4-4F11-97C4-D76C210DD052_zps

09140B51-0399-45AB-A1AF-82327691B54F_zps

Blocking / wet sanding after clear

E0EEC246-973B-4B5D-BA62-893A6CEE4E2D_zps

45E29B63-DBA0-4B97-A7D1-0E67AAFB5429_zps

Will hit it with its last few coats of clear, then final wet sand and buff. Then will paint/clear/sand all of the auxiliary parts. Then on to reassembly!