Sign in to follow this  
69volunteer

Original Dealer Invoice

Has anyone ordered this from Marti? I randomly was on their website a few weeks ago and they are now selling original dealer invoices--you have to provide documentation that you own the car.

I got mine over the weekend and since my car was bought new by my Aunt, no surprise on dealer location. It appears that it was originally slated for a dealership closer to my Aunt's house but was sold to another dealer a little further away (she bought it off the lot).

It appears to have a stamp from where it was 'checked out of the factory at the gate'. The actual dealer cost of the car and options some other stuff....pretty interesting.

Has anyone else gotten one of these and know what some of the codes, etc stand for?

I bought mine from Lois Emminger years ago. They are sometimes called Emminger Reports, as she was the astute Ford employee who rescued them from the dumpster and took them home. Kevin Marti acquired them when Ms Emminger passed away.

I can dig mine out tonight and we can compare notes. It's been a long time since I looked at it...

Bought mine from Marti in 2009. I think I paid $50 for it back then. It's actually what they used as the window sticker. It's now protected in a nice frame.

I believe that if it is available somewhere out there, one must rejoin it with the original car. Pic below is an example (Boss 9...).

G

post-37557-0-53615800-1461785308.jpeg

Well, I remembered to dig mine out tonight, along with the Marti and the Ford CRC - and there's nothing listed for my Dearborn car that's too cryptic. Dealer, options, dates, etc. Lois charged me $30 for it in the early '90's.

There's an $18 charge for "FDAF" and the shipping date is listed as "RC46". I don't know what either of those mean.

The best thing is the car came with 4 gallons of gas in the tank -- $1.33 charge for that, or 33.25 cents a gallon.

The Ford CRC report says my "F-code" was 460-4V, so I got that rarity going for me. Too bad the PO swapped it for a 302-2V, LOL

The Connecticut dealership is long gone but he was a relative of Francis Ford Copolla. I tried to save the sticker on the car but it crumbled.

post-1146-0-36083000-1461806785.jpg

They still sell the window stickers on the marti website....doesn't look like it would be much different other than format. Below is my invoice. It is hard to tell but there are two stamps. One looks like it is just a reference to the original invoice going to another dealer (which I didn't post) and the other looks like a stamp saying "Drive Away Garage(?) Plant Security Section Dearborn Assembly Plant" JUN 27 510 PM '69.

Invoice1_zps4pf4u0mu.jpg

Invoice2_zpswbrmw8rz.jpg

Invoice3_zps8mdnk9ms.jpg

Well, I remembered to dig mine out tonight, along with the Marti and the Ford CRC - and there's nothing listed for my Dearborn car that's too cryptic. Dealer, options, dates, etc. Lois charged me $30 for it in the early '90's.

There's an $18 charge for "FDAF" and the shipping date is listed as "RC46". I don't know what either of those mean.

The best thing is the car came with 4 gallons of gas in the tank -- $1.33 charge for that, or 33.25 cents a gallon.

The Ford CRC report says my "F-code" was 460-4V, so I got that rarity going for me. Too bad the PO swapped it for a 302-2V, LOL

The Connecticut dealership is long gone but he was a relative of Francis Ford Copolla. I tried to save the sticker on the car but it crumbled.

attachicon.gifMustang 005.jpg

I would get a sign place to re-create that sticker and put it back on there.....very cool!

I would get a sign place to re-create that sticker and put it back on there.....very cool!

Yeah, I may have someone do that someday. At least I have photographs...

ahhh, got ya . So FORD actually said your car came with a 460?

Yeah, I requested one of their reports in 2009 and got this...

post-1146-0-37076500-1461888833.jpg

Well, Google is my friend. I discovered "FDAF" is a regional dealership advertising fee. So when you see an ad that says "visit any of your Tri-State Ford dealerships", Ford pays for it and the dealerships pay it back with a charge on each car sold. 

Yeah, I may have someone do that someday. At least I have photographs...

Yeah, I requested one of their reports in 2009 and got this...

attachicon.gifFord CRC Report Small.jpg

Does this car have the reinforced shock tower( meaning...does it have the extra steel plate on the inside ?) or staggered shocks?

Since I've got the scanner warmed up, here's another. I feel cheated, mine's only 1 page.

What is the handwritten date of 10-8-69?

Your invoice was prepared in May (mine June--but my vin number is 11,000 higher than yours) but that date is 5 months later in October....

Maybe the handwritten date of 10-8-69 is in the format: day-month-year. August 10,1969. This format is used by the military and is common internationally.

August 10,1969 was a Sunday. Doesn't seem likely.

What is the handwritten date of 10-8-69?

Your invoice was prepared in May (mine June--but my vin number is 11,000 higher than yours) but that date is 5 months later in October....

It's a stamp "Invoice adjusted for finance charge 10-8-69" The invoice was prepared 5/29/69, the car was built 6/4/69. I assume some accounting mumbo jumbo after the fact.

There's been some discussions (I think on the Concours site) about how VINs weren't built in numerical order. The number was assigned when the car was ordered, not when it was built, which could be weeks or months later. But 11,000 Mustangs a month sounds about right.