Mach1 Driver

Remote passenger mirror

Some of the full sized cars used the same mirrors but with a different base but they were remote passanger.

Torino, ranchero....

Take a look and you could put it on your car just changing the base to fit the mustang door.

Only question will be where to put the remote

Bob

Some of the full sized cars used the same mirrors but with a different base but they were remote passanger.

Torino, ranchero....

Take a look and you could put it on your car just changing the base to fit the mustang door.

Only question will be where to put the remote

Bob

Thanks, it looks like a 72 Torino may do the job?

I realize the search feature here is less than stellar, but a member here has a heavily modified 70 sportsroof with power mirrors. He's out of Visalia and has been to the Western Street Rod Nationals in Bakersfield for the past few years. Here's another member with a how to with the pics removed (a pet peeve) You might be able to contact the OP.

http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52221-added-power-windows-and-took-some-pictures/?hl=+power%20+mirrors

A buddy of mine did this on his '72. He got a passenger remote mirror off a full size and swapped the bases. He put the remote pointing downwards in the lower dash just to the left of his console. You can't really see it unless you're really looking for it.  

Matt

I realize the search feature here is less than stellar, but a member here has a heavily modified 70 sportsroof with power mirrors. He's out of Visalia and has been to the Western Street Rod Nationals in Bakersfield for the past few years. Here's another member with a how to with the pics removed (a pet peeve) You might be able to contact the OP.

http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52221-added-power-windows-and-took-some-pictures/?hl=+power%20+mirrors

RPM, the portion of this that is viewable is about power windows, not remote mirrors

I thought it was something Ted Cruz might of said in the Texas primary race, but he kinda took offense ;)

I'm still giggling! I suppose I don't know Ted Cruz well enough to know if he'd say it. And I don't remember my entire reply to why I would take offense to it, because I surely didn't. The quote is from a thread on The Hamb by a guy who goes by Tuck. He was describing his plans from when he was much younger and how they changed. Instead of traveling to Cali, I guess he only made it to Texas. I liked the quote because I think it can apply to today in that many Californians are moving to Texas, especially the Austin area.

There certainly isn't any ill will nor am I picking on any particular group of people. My brother moved to Texas 20 some years ago, and I'm envious of him.

Edit: And now I see a wink after offense. Doh!

Mach 1 driver, I have not visited this forum since it went down with a virus many moons ago.  Evidently the site lost all of its data when it was resurrected since I had posted information on my electric outside mirrors. If you will pm me your e-mail I will see if I can find my old pics of the conversion.  I used the electric servos from a honda civic (as I recall).  The driver's side was really easy but the passenger side required a special bracket that I made on my mill.

Mach 1 driver, I have not visited this forum since it went down with a virus many moons ago.  Evidently the site lost all of its data when it was resurrected since I had posted information on my electric outside mirrors. If you will pm me your e-mail I will see if I can find my old pics of the conversion.  I used the electric servos from a honda civic (as I recall).  The pass side was really easy but the driver's side required a special bracket that I made on my mill.

I tried sending a PM but got an error message stating: "The member Cruzzar cannot receive any new messages"

Yep, Cruzzar had the power mirror conversion and all around great car! Another fine aspect of the switch over is no one can receive pm's until they clear out their inbox.

Here's some old threads on the subject, although the pics are all gone (actually, they are still out there somewhere but I don't know where -- they just show up as unwanted thumbnails in other people' s posts....)

http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42187-remote-mirror-removal/

http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47644-question-on-power-mirrors-mod/

RPM thanks for the heads up, I think I have deleted all previous messages. Mach1 please resend your e-mail. ImageShack (my photo hosting program) decided to start charging for each photo posted a while back and I did not sign up, so they blocked out all of my previous posts.  Is there another posting site that does not charge a fee?  If anyone wants to see a video of my car there was a video of it made while at the All Ford show at Knott's. If you go to YouTube and type in "1970 Mustang owner built" it should come up.(Guy Evans)

RPM thanks for the heads up, I think I have deleted all previous messages. Mach1 please resend your e-mail. ImageShack (my photo hosting program) decided to start charging for each photo posted a while back and I did not sign up, so they blocked out all of my previous posts.  Is there another posting site that does not charge a fee?  If anyone wants to see a video of my car there was a video of it made while at the All Ford show at Knott's. If you go to YouTube and type in "1970 Mustang owner built" it should come up.(Guy Evans)

Wow that's one impressive car. Among many things I like your retractor seat belts- did you do any posts on those? My wiz kids said that imgur.com will host pictures for free. I'll PM you right after this post- thanks.