Ridge Runner

Coming soon ,to a Mustang near you

Was it hard to get under the window rubber ? When i fit them in my CJ on the rotisserie I only had the rubber from the side so i slipped over the trim panel and lip at the same time . Do you think they will need a foam strip on the back bottom side like the originals or will they stay tight to the hockey sticks . I kind of think with the contour  already in the panel they will stay tight .

I never noticed there is actually two grain patterns in the headliner material ,it is hard to see until the right lighting ,sort of like light circular patterns .

Nope ridge I don't think they need any foam on the backs...it's a pretty snug fit against the sticks...although I haven't driven the car yet with them in but I doubt they will rattle.

Getting them under the rubber weatherstripping was easy....Just started it by hand at the front and stuck a small flat head in behind the seal and worked it down all the way to the back...easy as pie... Tried satin black tonight and it's still too shiny even after I knocked the gloss off, but I don't wanna kill the grain so I was easy on them although this grain is pretty heavy and would take a bit of sanding to kill.

Yes RPM it seems I'm the official tester at the moment I suppose...it's a hard life testing these old beat up fiberglass knock off parts that seem to fit right the first time...almost wish I had some trimming or fitting to do to them ...NOT,,, HAha

Another quality product from Jim guys... I have come to expect nothing less.

Now let's discuss a glass center console Ha...

I finally got black gel coat, wow the price difference is ridiculous from white and black ,i see why every one here is using white . Made a set of sail panels in black ,i will use this set in my 69 .

post-42284-0-19842800-1459448856.jpg

post-42284-0-39167900-1459449106.jpg

While i was at it i made the molds for the 65-66 R model fast back quarter vent block offs .These panels are used in road racers if you do not want to run the factory quarter vents .This set will go in my 66 fast back .

post-42284-0-89843600-1459449309.jpg

I took my 69 down out of the rafters ..its been up on the lift for about 6 months now ,poor thing .

i fit the driver side sail panel in place .It fit very well but i do believe the panels will need a strip of foam on the back side to hold them out like the card board panels had .There is nothing to hold them tight to the hockey stick ,they just float there and they will push away at the very back .They stay tight to the seat panel and the latch cover panel .

I am thinking that the bracket that they rest on and attaches the hockey stick could have a clip screwed to it to act as a stop and i will try that first .I haven't fit the other side yet but it looks like they will fit very well .

post-42284-0-60392900-1459896197.jpg

post-42284-0-33750600-1459896316.jpg

It's a 37 Ford pick up side panel ,i collect 35 -37 Ford pick ups and parts .This one is my baby ...aint she sweet ??? Soon to be painted gulf stream Aqua ...but i have been saying that since 1999

attachicon.giffull.jpg

Oh yes!  One of my favorite Henry pickups!  And here we all thought the only reason to like you was for your Mustangs and fiberglass!  VERY cool!

Is that a custom interior quarter panel cover with the roll bar protruding?

I was thinking the foam might be good to cut down on any chance of rattling but the user could add that if needed.

I put my name on the list early in this thread and after seeing the final work, I definitely want a set. Amazing work.

It is the Shelby roll bar and cover ,I also have the covers .There is a slot that gets cut in the seat panel for the roll bar to slip through ,the cover covers the slot . Send me a PM if you need anything .  Jim

I was thinking that the insulation that goes behind the sail panel may be all that is needed ,i do not have any thing there yet and that would make them tight in my 69 .

Yo MikeStang ,did you have insulation behind your panels ?

Yep ,insulation in place and they fit nice and tight . I dont think there is any way they will rattle because they are tight .I fit both sides just to make sure . One thing i noticed ,i have 3 69 fast backs and the curved piece with the shark teeth that holds the headliner at the front of the panels is in a slightly different place in all three cars 

post-42284-0-92115200-1459988214.jpg

post-42284-0-91367500-1459988329.jpg

post-42284-0-57550000-1459988445.jpg

post-42284-0-23141900-1459988555.jpg

post-42284-0-35388100-1459988654.jpg