Sign in to follow this  
ray1970

Ray hear how did your FI intall go? andTuning

Ray was playing around with the pro tuning software and probably making multiple tech calls to the company. 

From their website:

Can I use a laptop if I want to do additional tuning?

Yes!  BUT we recommend this for PROFESSIONAL TUNERS.  FiTech is not a tuning school and we are not here to teach you how to operate laptop software.  If you are a proficient tuner, you can do ANYTHING you desire with the laptop software including messing up your engine!  If you are an amateur or even a well-rounded tuner you will have more than enough available at your fingertips, please stick to the Hand Held Controller.  It is MORE than enough for 99.999% of users.

I suspect he is upset that they won't help him with the pro tuning.

Just my guess.

While I may not be head over heels in love with fuel injection on our cars, I realize many many folks are into it. Then one day I'm reading a thread on FI, but half the posts are blank. WTFresno? Is it spam? What problems hit us now?

I love the ability to research most any topic on the internet. What really burns my arse is when folks get real close to finding the particular answer, the the thread ends with no answer ever given. Or, when some top secret guy decides to answer the question many folks are awaiting, with a PM so no other person on Earth can view the answer or info. This thread will be of no help to anyone if select posts are removed completely, as the continuity of the topic will be lost. When folks search google for FI, this here thread can and will come up as one of a zillion results. So please do not embarrass our fun little forum.

I then find this, from ray1970:

"In all fairness I found myself promoting a product that would not stand behind a part of there product.

Im not going into detail....Give me some time...."

So your answer is to remove all your posts and any good info in them? Your above quoted post could have and should have been your last post here on the topic so others could have read a thread which made sense. But instead, you took your "ball" and went home. Which is not how we behave around here.

This thread here (not hear) is starting to remind me of the kind of threads I mentioned above, of which I dislike.

Too bad, I thought this was a good thread w/ helpful info.

I believe that part of this forum is working out the good and bad of our build and share the same with friendly opinions.

So, I still invite Ray to comment on his build, he may of had a spontaneous decision to remove his post because of a discouraged feeling he personally had about FiTech.

In any case, this is where we should discuss our Pro & Cons for all others to learn and not make the same mistakes.

Not trying to step on any ones toes but I don't think Bob meant for Ray not to post any more he simply made a comment about the deleted posts. Ray was making some excellent points about this system and then just deleted his post and now when someone in the future reads this thread trying to find information on the FiTech or similar unit really,  it is not going to make sense to them. I think we all were interested in what Ray had to say.  Just my .002.

Dave

Absolutely correct Dave. And I believe 100% what prayers1 said about contributing and sharing the good and bad with others. I hope Ray can remember what his posts said and edit them back so others can learn from all who post here.

I think this internet thing will be around for a while, and if folks delete knowledge from it, it helps no one. I hope what I wrote would cause anyone to leave the forum. I re read my post and realize I did get a bit smart assy. If I offended anyone by my remarks, I apologize.

Im sure Ray has a good reason, but like everyone here I would like to know why all of a sudden change of heart with Fi-tech,  but For those who are still interested in the install/tips etc... another gent installed the FItech with Tanks Inc 69-70 efi tank, great read and info. 

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/928969-my-fitech-efi-upgrade-thread-pictures-time.html

Im sure Ray has a good reason, but like everyone here I would like to know why all of a sudden change of heart with Fi-tech,  but For those who are still interested in the install/tips etc... another gent installed the FItech with Tanks Inc 69-70 efi tank, great read and info. 

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/928969-my-fitech-efi-upgrade-thread-pictures-time.html

I agree and hope everything gets sorted out. I read the write-up you linked to on VMF and he did a good job except for a few self inflicted mistakes. I would not recommend running the vent line to a wheel well like he did. It really needs to go back to the filler neck. I think FITechs Fuel Command Center is a great idea and will make the install much easier.

I agree and hope everything gets sorted out. I read the write-up you linked to on VMF and he did a good job except for a few self inflicted mistakes. I would not recommend running the vent line to a wheel well like he did. It really needs to go back to the filler neck. I think FITechs Fuel Command Center is a great idea and will make the install much easier.

I couldn't make heads or tails out of that particular thread from Ray. I thought he meant "return line" instead of "vent line" If it is the return line it could go into the filler neck but definitely needs to go back into the tank in some manner. If it is a vent line it needs to go to a rollover vent valve. This valve needs to be placed above the tank and fuel inlet- like up near the differential. I intend to vent the tank to atmosphere in this manner and get a non-vented gas cap. I've seen 69s spew gas out the vented cap when under hard acceleration. 

I agree the Command Center is a nice piece of hardware but there is no room to put it up front without removing the washer bottle or battery or something. That's why I prefer the in tank pump. Where are you planning to put the Command Center?

I'm curious to know as well. I'm probably in the 99% of users who will just do the initial set up and leave it alone. I would like to know if there are any issues with that part of it or whether it's in the advanced tuning. The main reason I'm interested in this system is the "set and forget" method of tuning.

I'm curious to know as well. I'm probably in the 99% of users who will just do the initial set up and leave it alone. I would like to know if there are any issues with that part of it or whether it's in the advanced tuning. The main reason I'm interested in this system is the "set and forget" method of tuning.

I have about 2000 miles on mine allowing the system to do the tuning and self learning.  It has been completely trouble free.  I doubt that I will ever run a carb again.

IMHO the "set and forget" self tuning programming in the FiTech is very well done. 

I have about 2000 miles on mine allowing the system to do the tuning and self learning.  It has been completely trouble free.  I doubt that I will ever run a carb again.

IMHO the "set and forget" self tuning programming in the FiTech is very well done. 

Good to know! I have the dilemma of running my coupes current 302 with a carb that needs a rebuild at minimum, then having to buy another carb when my 351C ready to fit. The Fitech unit will take care of both engines. Probably be cheaper too! 

Good to know! I have the dilemma of running my coupes current 302 with a carb that needs a rebuild at minimum, then having to buy another carb when my 351C ready to fit. The Fitech unit will take care of both engines. Probably be cheaper too! 

I have a nearly new Quickfuel SS830 that I can make you a good deal on!  I don't need it anymore. :)

Ray,

From one Mustang/Cleveland brother to another, please do not delete any of your post. It's obvious it's something you wanted to get off your mind and express to others and we appreciate the Pros & Cons.

We are on this site to learn from each other and share our experiences.  Even if we mess up or NOT!

I was on earlier today, so I was able to read the link you submitted, Thank You for that.  I assume that you were blackballed, because you are very opinionated and speak your mind, I believe they didn't want to hear your complaints,  but we do.

I hope it all works out in the end, please feel free to comment.  Like mentioned on the other site."The power of the the internet blade cuts both ways."