SWPruett

Another "what's-that-part" moment - HELP!

Folks, I gotta ask, with hat in hand, what the heck this is!  I am digging through tons of spare parts I have and ran across this bracket and can't for the life of me remember what it is!  Over thirty years with Mustangs and I am absolutely blank!  Help!

post-15096-0-24713300-1442368946.jpg

I'm gonna downvote on the power steering bracket too.  My most recent "what's this part" series was similar, but the parts aren't the same:

http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/topic/53953-lets-play-whats-that-part/

I'll be honest though, I am not ready to put the PS in, so I haven't verified the findings on my forum question...

I'm gonna make a wild guess that this might be some sort of exhaust hangar missing the original rubber and other metal piece that held the pipe?  The semi-circle on the one end looks like what I remember an old single exhaust hangar looking like.  It's just a guess...

I'm going with half of a shaker bracket for a 351 cleveland motor.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-drake-shaker-air-cleaner-bracket-pair-351c-1970/p/SACB3/

Perfect call!  That's it!  Now it all makes sense and explains why I had it separated from the other parts!  Into the "shaker parts box" it goes!  THANKS FOLKS!

Perfect call!  That's it!  Now it all makes sense and explains why I had it separated from the other parts!  Into the "shaker parts box" it goes!  THANKS FOLKS!

I always like these threads for some reason, but I usually can't figure it out or am late to the thread.  We should make a game out of it where someone takes a random part off their car and posts it to be identified. Whoever gets it right takes the next turn to post a part. :)

I always like these threads for some reason, but I usually can't figure it out or am late to the thread.  We should make a game out of it where someone takes a random part off their car and posts it to be identified. Whoever gets it right takes the next turn to post a part. :)

The only problem is, you really wanna pull your wrong guesses after the truth is finally found.  

Ask me how I know.