LoneWolf2U

Marti report?

Well I had the Mach1 up for sale and got many requests for a marti report on her.

I never thought about it because I wasn't selling her as a factory correct show car.

Now being 40+ years old and having prob changed hands a few times over the years there

was some changes made to it.

I have the buck tag and decoded it for what she was when new, But even I have made changes

to her for improvements and raising the hp level.

Just wondering how many here have/look for this report when buying or selling.

Is it THAT important to have even though you've built it your way?

Not worth a poll, just comments or thoughts on it.

I don't try to keep cars factory so it wouldn't make a difference in the sale to me.  However I do like to have one just to know what the car was.  You can always order a basic one if you think it will help you sell faster.  But really if you have the original tag that will tell the original features (though the tags can be faked).  I can see you are claiming a rare option someone would care.  If not I wouldn't worry about it.

I had to enter my data plate info so I assume he gives you the total numbers info from that. I wonder if you entered different codes, like axle or paint, if they'd send a new data plate with the modified codes.

I had to enter my data plate info so I assume he gives you the total numbers info from that. I wonder if you entered different codes, like axle or paint, if they'd send a new data plate with the modified codes.

I think it would give you what ever code you sent in .There just isn't records on the San Jose cars so a Door tag decoding is all you need ,and really all you can get . I am sure they are giving a report on the door tag data alone .

How are these guys getting a Marti report for the west coast cars ? The west coast plant didn't keep the records like the east coast plants  did. Are they just making a report from the door tag?

Just noticed this question.   Actually Marti has record on all mustangs from 1967 on.   All mustang (and other fords) production was kept in database that marti got ahold of before it was deleted.  So anyone with a mustang 1967 and on pretty much can find out how their car was option from factory(one exception is the color for special paint cars).  I think maybe you read about the Emminger reports that is fords copy of original invoice.   Most of the info in the invoice was kept by the database by the 80 alphanumeric vehicle order image.   The invoice had this data in printed form and also had other information like option cost not included in VOI. 

This topic got me thinking. I made my car the way that I would have wanted it. ie. I swapped out the black interior with white and upgraded the 3spd with a 4spd and added air conditioning.  I installed a 9 inch rear and made effort to keep everything date or period correct. I upgraded the 351w internal components, heads, intake, carb, and added headers and a shaker. I upgraded the brakes and extended the frame rails. These things make the car look how I want and ensure it performs well and drives solid. The car is solid as a rock and should outlast any 428 mile for mile. This car is built to drive, not sit on a trailer. The car is what I would have ordered with the upgrades I would have done.

Have I depreciated the value of the car? Perhaps just changed the market audience if it were to go up for sale? Since it is customized to my taste, why would I worry about marti reports? Knowing it is customized, why would a buyer care either? They either like it or they buy something else.

Side note, I see everybody flocking to have the "R code" car because that is the popular trend right now. I'm the guy that would have picked a 351w at the dealership. It is (IMHO) a much more drivable engine that is easier to maintain.  I wonder when this  "gotta have an R code" trend will settle down.

This topic got me thinking. I made my car the way that I would have wanted it. ie. I swapped out the black interior with white and upgraded the 3spd with a 4spd and added air conditioning.  I installed a 9 inch rear and made effort to keep everything date or period correct. I upgraded the 351w internal components, heads, intake, carb, and added headers and a shaker. I upgraded the brakes and extended the frame rails. These things make the car look how I want and ensure it performs well and drives solid. The car is solid as a rock and should outlast any 428 mile for mile. This car is built to drive, not sit on a trailer. The car is what I would have ordered with the upgrades I would have done.

Have I depreciated the value of the car? Perhaps just changed the market audience if it were to go up for sale? Since it is customized to my taste, why would I worry about marti reports? Knowing it is customized, why would a buyer care either? They either like it or they buy something else.

Side note, I see everybody flocking to have the "R code" car because that is the popular trend right now. I'm the guy that would have picked a 351w at the dealership. It is (IMHO) a much more drivable engine that is easier to maintain.  I wonder when this  "gotta have an R code" trend will settle down.

NEVER!  HAHAHA!  My second car was a  69 R code ,loved that car .Don't know if it would be a trend or not But the R code has always been desirable ,the next would be the Q code .

I have the same thoughts about mine also.  I have the buck tag and data plate so if your really into what it came with simply decode it.

I fully understand having the report IF you are trying to sell a factory correct number matching trailer queen.

But after 45 years those are few to be found and priced accordingly.