Glenn83

Power brakes with low vacuum

Just interested to here what power braking systems people are using in there cars with low vacuum from high lift cams, some of the options I've found are;

Electric vacuum pump

Hydroboost

And this setup which seems interesting http://www.abspowerbrake.com/ehpm.html

Let me know your thoughts

Glenn

I'm not sure what my vacuum will be exactly, it's 408w I have it screwed together sitting on the stand at the moment, hopefully I will have run on a dyno very soon. It has a pretty healthy custom solid roller cam, 672/650 lift , duration 236/248@.050 and 110 lobe separation. I have been leaning toward the hydroboost but still open to options.

ok, well most likely just adding an extra vacuum can won't be enough for low speed driving . . my guess is you will have 12hg at the most at idle . . the hydroboost is ok as long as it does not spring a leak or somehow fail, but it has 2 hydraulic lines that need to be routed in your engine compartment away from the headers.

the electric master from abs is clean and simple and a vacuum pump is another option.

I installed a vacuum can on my car... solved the issue.... run your vac hose from the can to vac port on booster

What can and where?  am interested in this as my vac is low and have to keep the idle around 900 rpms for the power brake booster.

I suppose they could have blocked you, that would definitely have improved the forum.

LMFAO!