Sign in to follow this  
Tgriffin91

Wheel Trim or No Wheel Trim?

Keep the Wheel Trim or Ditch it?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the Wheel Trim or Ditch it?

I have the wheel trim on my car but not with the rocker trim, both can be a bit much unless it's a wire wheel chromed out Grande' in my book plus I also have a GT stripe and I don't like that with rocker trim either.

On 69 coupes I prefer no wheel trim, although that car looks pretty decent with it. I have never like the chrome trim around the tail light section on the Grandes in 69.

Agree with Pak, if it has a GT stripe, the rocker molding is very unappealing to me.

I've always liked the rocker trim and think it looks good on a GT or Mach 1. As far as being too much with the GT rocker stripe, I can't personally comment as my GT has had Mach 1 stripes with "GT" in place of the Mach 1 letters since the mid 80's.

Wheel Well Trim is more of a luxury item, so I think it looks best on a Grande'.

I see a lot of Mach 1's with the wheel well trim and just feel it is too much and I've always wondered how many Mach's really came from the factory with it.

Doug

Really barnett468 same as curb finders/feelers??

FYI i've got 2 boys, one is 20 that has a 69 cougar that loves chrome and my 16 year old just bought a '68 XR7 because he loves the lines of the car but he especially loves the chrome on it so that age thing has nothing to do with it. I've taught them to do what YOU like not what everyone likes.

FYI i've got 2 boys, one is 20 that has a 69 cougar that loves chrome and my 16 year old just bought a '68 XR7 because he loves the lines of the car but he especially loves the chrome on it so that age thing has nothing to do with it. I've taught them to do what YOU like not what everyone likes.

That's great, however, in this case, it seems that the op apparently wants to do what we want him to, lol.

That's great, however, in this case, it seems that the op apparently wants to do what we want him to, lol.

Regardless there's no real need to pigeon hole everyone that has them into a certain group and implore him to not be one of "them" because of your personal opinion. That's really not what we do on this site unless it's intentional friendly jabbing between known friends.

Edited by Pakrat

I personally do not like chrome, and my 69 will have zero chrome.

But the awesome part of your post is about your boys being into old cars. I picked up a 62' rambler 2 door. My 10 year old daughter claimed it. I got 5.5 years to get it the way she wants it. Trying to talk my boy into a 1950's international truck. Mostly cause I want to build a truck, but plan on building it with him. He's 7.

The beauty of chrome is in the eye of the beholder.

Regardless there's no real need to pigeon hole everyone that has them into a certain group and implore him to not be one of "them" because of your personal opinion. That's really not what we do on this site unless it's intentional friendly jabbing between known friends.
Ok, but it was intended to be a friendly joke. Edited by barnett468

Well then it's settled no wheel trim. I was leaning that way already as mine is in fairly rough shape and I don't want to spend the extra money.

I will be leaving the rocker trim as there will be no GT stripe since my car is not a GT.

I also thought the old person joke was funny. Thanks for the laugh.