Sign in to follow this  
Powershift

Shaker with 408w HELP!

I got my new 408w installed, and it's running an Edelbrock Air Gap intake. My Shaker doesn't seem too happy. It's too far rearward (towards the windshield), and sits too high (no hood clearance).

I know others here have modified their Shakers to work with similar setups. If anyone has had to deal with this issue, I'd love to see some mounting solutions.

There is a adjustment in the shaker top, the cast scoop& spacer. Loosen the front screw & the back 2 screws, you should be able to move it around. Hopefully enough that it will clear.

There is a adjustment in the shaker top, the cast scoop& spacer. Loosen the front screw & the back 2 screws, you should be able to move it around. Hopefully enough that it will clear.

Even adjusting it front to back, it's still to high up. The hood barley closes without the scoop, with the scoop it's a no-go.

Depending on how far you need to go down...

-modify base or get a drop base (big block shaker base?)

-lower profile intake

-mill existing intake

-remove spacer (obvious but still)

I know Buckeye had the same issue on his build, if you have a couple free hours...scroll through his thread

If you ever figure it out, please let us know the solution because I have been anguishing over an air gap / shaker combo for years only that combo is about as common as a unicorn.

Do you know if the issue is confined to the intake? Does the Windsor sit further back than the Cleveland? That would seem odd. How much too high are we talking? I know, you are looking for answers not questions :) With my Windsor/Weiand Stealth I had to drop the motor 3/4".

Bob

Depending on how far you need to go down...

-modify base or get a drop base (big block shaker base?)

-lower profile intake

-mill existing intake

-remove spacer (obvious but still)

I know Buckeye had the same issue on his build, if you have a couple free hours...scroll through his thread

Drop base is what I'm planning. No way I'm changing (or modifying) intakes at this point. The engine was dyno tuned running this intake, and it was port matched. No spacer is in place either.

I'm running adjustable Ron Morris engine mounts too.

Edited by Powershift

Even adjusting it front to back, it's still to high up. The hood barley closes without the scoop, with the scoop it's a no-go.

Are you using stock height mounts or drop mounts?