Raven R code

Stupid dynacorn!!!!!!!!!

Just looked at my new dii full quarter panel and there are no roof medallion mounts and no rear window trim clip mounts! Why?! Why!?
I have a full drivers side quarter panel sitting in a box I decided not to use. I wonder if it has the mounts on there. I'll check this weekend.

Their reason for not having them is that not all the cars had them. Some models didn't use the roof emblems

Right or wrong, that's what it is

Bob

ok.....but what about the moulding clips....the need those pins? Every car had those.

Im not sure on the full quarter but must panels that have any kind of clips for molding don't come with them. If they are ones that aren't welded on, you have to buy those separate.

Ok.....stud gun....who makes one? Where did you buy the correct size studs?

Sounds simple enough.

Thanks,

Dave

they make screws for this also, you can find them on ebay sometimes or some of the mustang aftermarket parts distributors has them too.

You drill a pilot hole and screw it in, it as a shoulder on it that will keep it from screwing in to far and leaving enough shoulder for the trim clip. Theres only 4 up each side so its not bad at all.

Look here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-WINDOW-REVEAL-MOLDING-CLIPS-5-SPECIAL-STUD-SCREWS-MUSTANG-TORINO-41-89A-/380907531779?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1969%7CModel%3AMustang&hash=item58afdbae03&vxp=mtr

Dave

Edited by det0326

You use a stud gun.

LOL...yes. I should have been more specific with my question. I've used stud guns, but it was long ago and I have no idea where to buy one and if it matters what brand.

What did you use to do this?

I used a stud gun because I have access to one.

Kind of expensive to buy to use just once.

You can buy screw in type pins also, I would use these.

Ive used them before and they work just fine.

I checked my full quarter panel and it didn't have the mounts attached either (it was dynacorn as well. (For sale if anybody needs one, btw).

At least the full quarter has the hole cut for the side scoop, unlike the skin. Based on other responses that would be much harder to cut than adding the mounts.

Ok...so talked to a body guy that works on older cars. He explained a little trick on getting these pins welded on with a standard stud gun (no expensive special tip required). He said to take very fine sandpaper and clean the top hat (the top of the "T" that doesn't get welded to body) and also sand the end of a long standard stud. Next, line up  the standard long stud and and the "top hat" (as if you were going to weld to the car) and super glue them together by applying glue to ONLY the outside of the stud and top hat. To ensure a good weld, make sure not to get glue in between the standard long stud and "top hat". Fire the stud gun into the area needed and dissolve the glue afterwards (nail polish remover).

Hope my instructions are understandable and helpful. It beats installing the screw in type pins.

Dave