Sign in to follow this  
Pakrat

In Memory of........

He was certainly my best friend that's for sure. I think it's safe to say that he's also the only one who loved my convertible as much I did if not more. My only regret is that I couldn't finish it in time to give him one last ride. Rest in peace buddy, I'll miss you always.

attachment.php?attachmentid=16968&stc=1&d=1399055731

Sorry about the loss of your dog. Reminds me of my dog Laika. She is 1/2 chocolate lab and 1/2 who knows what (dad was a bandit and vet thinks probably was either rottie or dobie mix). Definitely my best friend and will be so sad when she passes. I definitely feel you pain. Paulo

Pak..Sorry to hear about Bosco...I know all to well the hurt, we lost both our Labs (Rosco 13, Triton 12) in the last 5 mounths...They truely are A mans best friend, take care....Terry.

Pak..Sorry to hear about Bosco...I know all to well the hurt, we lost both our Labs (Rosco 13, Triton 12) in the last 5 mounths...They truely are A mans best friend, take care....Terry.

Feeling bad for you Pak :( They truly are man's best friend. I just got home from being gone for two days and my little mutt went crazy. Who else does that for us. Great looking dog Pak.

Bob

Thanks everyone. Hard to tell in that pic but Bosco was actually a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. We got him a few months after we bought our first (and current) house and he really made it a home, without kids at the time he was really like my first born son. Prior to that all we had was my wife's 2 cats, they passed over a year ago but at 22 and 23 years old it just wasn't the same, 12 years just isn't enough time.

The toughest part is he's been my 6 year old daughters sleeping buddy for the past 3+ years so every night is still a tough and sad time. Fortunately we still have our boxer Maggie but she's an 8 year old 40lb puppy size runt and no "make you feel safe" replacement for a 120lb Alpha Male Chessie.

I don't think we are going to look to replace him anytime soon but we may look into being foster parents for a while later this summer, the local SPCA is just 5 miles away and I think it would make us feel good giving other dogs a second chance at getting a home of their own.