Sign in to follow this  
Raven R code

NPD's rear spolier

Very close to the original , upper mounting brackets are riveted on my original, NPD has the mounts held in with screws , other than that it is VERY similar . My original one has a split and has warped over time . I have the NPD one on my car now and I like it .

Edited by MOCK 302

I purchased the npd 44210-1 back in 2008 and it is just as straight and strong now as it was new. The mounts on the wing side are screwed in, at least on mine they are. If you look at the instructions for the wing you can see the screws , so I guess they still have it that way. I also got the mounting support kit that goes on the inside of the trunk. Same price as it was back in 2008 too, 119.95.

Edited by JCB-69CJ

You should buy the underside decklid supports and use those to locate the pedestal holes. I dont think these are included in the kit so you will have to get them elsewhere.

Edited by miketyler

attachment.php?attachmentid=16918&d=1398333876

You should buy the underside decklid supports and use those to locate the pedestal holes. I dont think these are included in the kit so you will have to get them elsewhere.

Yes, make sure to buy these brackets. If you don't, the spoiler will only have the trunk lid skin to support it and not the frame of the trunk lid.

Is it hard to cut the oval on the underside of the deck lid for the braces to go thru? How is this best done to still look good? I've got an OEM spoiler on my car now without the braces.

I think I may want to replace it with an NPD because my car didn't originally come with a rear spoiler anyway. And the NPD is lighter, and I should be able to bank some coin after the sell/buy.

Is it hard to cut the oval on the underside of the deck lid for the braces to go thru? How is this best done to still look good?

This is a good point. I just checked and I don't have any oval holes on the underside. I would prefer to cut any holes before paint.

Yea I think the holes were a 1970 thing. But I fully agree it would be best to have the braces. My OEM spoiler (13 lbs) has been on the car w/o the braces for years w/o issue tho. I really dont even want to remove the trunk lid. So I guess if I swap em out, I'll run w/o the braces until a repaint.

Does anybody know what the NPD spoiler weighs??

Yea I think the holes were a 1970 thing. But I fully agree it would be best to have the braces. My OEM spoiler (13 lbs) has been on the car w/o the braces for years w/o issue tho. I really dont even want to remove the trunk lid. So I guess if I swap em out, I'll run w/o the braces until a repaint.

Does anybody know what the NPD spoiler weighs??

I believe it's around 5 lbs

Wow!

This search thing REALLY helped me in making my decision on which rear spoiler to purchase and also helped me understand and appreciate ordering the deck support bracket set which is only 29.95.

Thanks Guys!

BT

I have it on my car and it looks great. Good price and is very strong for how light it is.

Also, yes on the brackets! Make sure you get them.

As far as mounting, its not bad just be very careful when drilling, make sure you dont use too much pressure so you dont dent the lid.

I have pulled the trigger...ordered mine along with the brackets and the louvers yesterday.

As a plus, my deck lids already has the gap for the brackets. I am building a '69 restomod but using a '70 deck lid.

Again, THANKS for all the feedback from you guys on the spoiler.

BT

Check this link about half way down for some interesting info regarding the trunk and spoiler facts. There is also other good info/facts regarding '69/'70 parts 

http://www.anghelrestorations.com/mustang-factoids.html

Stangnet33,

These factoids are a wealth of knowledge. I'm installing a Scott Drake spoiler and support brackets. I got the paint already in preparation to paint the brackets body color. Now I see they were installed black.

Thanks,

BillC