If you have a 69 mustang and is installing the csrp swap.4 kit beware the original fittings will not fit the new master cylinder ,distribution block or the proportioning valve and you will have to buy some more fittings to make it work. Which equal a uncompleted kit. I have always use csrp and it sucks the kit is not completed for a 69 mustang

Picked my car up today from my friends house. The car stops alot better with the new brakes it was just a pita to hook up the mc.

I would REALLY recommend NOT using compression fitting on the master Cylinder, I'm not familiar what the laws (or if there is a law) are in VA but in NY those are illegal.

IMHO brakes are not something to fool around with (why not use a double flair like the originals).

For me it wouldn't be worth the risk, but I'm just one guy with an opinion (and we all know the rest of that saying)

@mike they are the original springs on the rear with air shocks. I'm going to change the rear suspension next weekend I did a little for on the front today.

@ford I will have go and find some so I can't change it because the kit didn't come with any. U rite I don't like playing with brakes either.

I would REALLY recommend NOT using compression fitting on the master Cylinder, I'm not familiar what the laws (or if there is a law) are in VA but in NY those are illegal.

IMHO brakes are not something to fool around with (why not use a double flair like the originals).

For me it wouldn't be worth the risk, but I'm just one guy with an opinion (and we all know the rest of that saying)

Did I miss the post where he said he used compression fittings?

Bob

Yes I finally got the front shackle bolts out. I had to cut the bolts out and then drill into the bolts and use a screwdriver and hammer to bit it out what a pita. Now the u bolts I have for the rear spring plate I got from cj doesn't line up.

Move as much out of the way as you can, some 80 grit hand sanding with maybe 180 or 220 grit after surface is clean. Spray rattle can satin black on the firewall and probably the lip until you're ready to paint the car later?? Just my thoughts. Here's a photo of some hand sanding near that area. The sanding is assuming this is just cosmetic rust and not holes or severe blistering underneath. That's another story....

One other thought from earlier in the thread-- with the solid '69 project you have now, you could change your ID to 69Dream. Thanks for posting. I followed your previous thread for the '70 and that was a lot of metal work-- especially in the elements. I admire your continued pursuit of a project car. :punk: jim

Thanks for the info and encouragement 69stang. It's pretty flexible in the middle so I was thinking of welding this piece in so strengthen it up a bit.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-drake-export-brace-reinforcement-mounting-plate-1967-1970/p/EBMP2/

Make your own, I bought this thinking it would fit perfect...and spent just as much time jacking with it to make it fit right as if I would have made from scrap angle iron