Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

New set of Magnum 500's 15", Tire bulge?

Just got a set of Magnums 15x7 4.25 bs & 15x8 4.5 bs.

I used the same set of tires I had which are 225/60/15 & 295/50/15 that were on, 15x7 4.5 bs and 15x10 5 bs.

Looking for opinions......

Does the rear look too much of a bulge, should I go with a 275/60/15.

DSC00716_zpsf4b27cdf.jpg

DSC00703_zps9d3ad974.jpg

The rear is 15x8's

Color- 2 stage, PPG Deltron 2000 DBC926989 Chrysler Code PRP,JRP 2012 Deep Cherry Red Crystal.

Thanks!

And as far as the bulge go, personally I think it's a bit too much. But that's my highly personal opinion. :)

I had 15x10 5" bs prior to this, with the same tire. I thought it allowed the tire to stick outside too far and I was 3/4" from the leaf spring. I really don't want a taller tire (275).

Maybe a 15x9 w/ a 5"bs.

Edited by prayers1

Looks good, keep the tire bulge. Prayer1 you already know I have 295/50's on 10" wide and your 295's on 8" wide rims looks much better then mine. I personally like to bulge look though. Its not to much and within saftey margin. I plan on 275/60s next tire replacement but I already like a taller drag race tire look. 275/60's are about 1.4" taller then 295/50's.

The 15x9" with 5" backspacing will work just fine if you don't personally like the tire bulge. I'll take the 15x8" rims from you :)

Edited by Monzy

Thank you all for the nice feedback!

I think my stubborness has gotten the best of me.

I've been trying to convince myself to keep the 295's, the reality is that I should go to 275's. It makes sense all around, no pun intended.

Monty, I didn't know you were on this site until I put 2 & 2 together. Glad to hear from you. I've kept our past messages and pictures of your car telling myself 295's would be OK. Thanks for your input!! I believe you'll also like the 275's. I'm looking at BFG TA's 275's. I've put up another thread suggesting opinions on what front size diameter to get. Chime in if you like!

Prayers...As per your PM, I have 255/60/15s on 15x8 back and 235/60/15s 15x7 front..I had a hard time trying to decide what size to put on the back 275 or 255, so I flipped a coin.

As far as new pics/vids, I took some back in early Oct before I put it away for winter, but in all the excitement I lost the camera somewhere between the exhaust shop and home.

Your car looks really sharp!!. As for your tire dilemma IMO, I like the bulge and as long as it handles good at various speeds I say, leave them on and burn them off. Then go to 275s and repeat, then decide. LOL.....Keep up the good work...Zud

P.S Thank for taking coach Bielema from us it was a good call.

That's where I"m at right now with my 295/50's BFG's. The tire compound is so hard that you can spin them forever before they actually wear out. I've got a LOT of burnouts on those tires in the 5+yrs they've been on there and they still spec out at 40% left. BFG T/A's are not the best tire when you've got a 428fe, TKO600 and 4.11 gears. They spin too easily even when you don't want them to. The tread wear is 440 which is hard rubber. BFG T/A's just work visually on our cars.

Even though I prefer 295's, I believe I have to be more practical, so I finally came to the realization that I have to get 275's. I'm waiting for CJ's End of Year Sale.

Max Power- Your car looks really nice with those tires!

Thank you for the chart.

I've been using this chart, http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

It lets you compare 2 tires side by side.

I've already ordered a set of BFG Radial TA's 225/70/15 & 275/60/15

Take lots of pics, I wanna see them! Those fronts are tall and even my 235/60's were close to the front valance. I think its going to look real good. Its hard to get the right muscle car look with these cars I find. Personally think the 70 Parnelli Jones Trans-Am is real sharp in stance!

Hey John - be careful with the 295's on a 15x8. I was told by two tire guys (specialize in hot rods/customs) that 275 was pushing it and 295's could lead to rim breach. I think that's a fancy word for sidewall blowout.

For what it's worth - the tire bulge was a 70's look that I continue to like. Don't really dig the "flat" look of a wide rim.

Mine has plenty of tire bulge and I like the look.

Just got a set of Magnums 15x7 4.25 bs & 15x8 4.5 bs.

I used the same set of tires I had which are 225/60/15 & 295/50/15 that were on, 15x7 4.5 bs and 15x10 5 bs.

Looking for opinions......

Does the rear look too much of a bulge, should I go with a 275/60/15.

DSC00716_zpsf4b27cdf.jpg

DSC00703_zps9d3ad974.jpg

Off subject alert!!!

prayers1 is your paint base coat clear coat and if it is did you clear coat the hood and trunk black out too.

Thanks dave