Sign in to follow this  
LoneWolf2U

Her Garage

We are moving to our new property soon and there is nothing there now.

The wife refused to let me sell the Mach1, As she put it I have worked too hard and waited too long to get her so your keeping it.

She hands me the title to her moms car (she had to be put in a home) and said figure out how to get a trailer for her.

So after some trading,selling and bartering my gal has a new home till I can get a workshop built.

Its a 22' hidden drop tail enclosed trailer with drivers door.

Even with the drop tail is is very close to scraping the spoiler loading her in. But she fits very nicely once it rolls in.

So where do you keep your baby?

Nice to see things are moving along. First time I got to see your car, its a real beauty!

I also like the truck. About 20 years ago, I use to have a 75, 2 wheel drive, the loose kings pins scared the hell of me whenever I hit the ruts on the highway left by the big rigs. I've always wanted a 4x4 69 truck with a lift kit. By the way, what about the Jeep?

God speed and have a safe trip, hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks all for the praise, Its been a lot of work and time to get her to where she is now. Next step will be paint and body work later, she's a 10 footer not a shiney show car yet.

Sorry wife is only child and a keeper, 35 years and counting.

The new stable is open for ideas as the property is a blank canvas now.

Mid, this is where she was kept when not on the road. So no spoiler dragging but the arms just barely slid under.

pray, The 73 highboy is the jeeps replacement, did some bartering and ended up with the beast. 390 4sp pulls the trailers with ease.

Having the kids come down later with their laptop to see if wireless works there. Hoping to at least have the net.

Thanks all for the praise, Its been a lot of work and time to get her to where she is now. Next step will be paint and body work later, she's a 10 footer not a shiney show car yet.

Well hell .... you have a better paint job than I do .... Heck ... my girl is a 30 footer at least! And I have been saying that for a few months :clap:

Re your new garage/shop, garagejournal.com is a great place to get ideas. Many affordable cool places along with mega buck dream shops. My advice would be run run more electrical than you think you need, and run flexible conduit from the main or sub panel for future circuits. Future stubs are actually code in my area. Nice vehicles, including the Airstream. Good luck.

Bob

Mach1Rider you car looks great compared to mine. My 69 Coupe lives in our 1 car attached garage that is shared with my woodworking power tools, very tight fit. Since my car is still in the sheet metal replacement phase it is a challenge most times where to put things, so I built these over head storage racks.

100_0474_zps8bec808f.jpg

Mach1Rider,

When loading & unloading crank the trailer jack up higher while it is still attached to the truck. This will drop the tail & change the angle of the ramp so you do not drag.

We are moving to our new property soon and there is nothing there now.

The wife refused to let me sell the Mach1, As she put it I have worked too hard and waited too long to get her so your keeping it.

She hands me the title to her moms car (she had to be put in a home) and said figure out how to get a trailer for her.

So after some trading,selling and bartering my gal has a new home till I can get a workshop built.

Its a 22' hidden drop tail enclosed trailer with drivers door.

Even with the drop tail is is very close to scraping the spoiler loading her in. But she fits very nicely once it rolls in.

So where do you keep your baby?

Very nice and I love your tow vehicle as well!